“Seemed like something from the freezer”
Review of Al Pontile

Al Pontile
Ranked #11 of 133 Restaurants in Ischia
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Seemed like something from the freezer”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

It breaks my heart to give this review, because the chef/waiter/owner?) was a sweet older man, who offered us a free shot on Limoncello at the end of the dinner, but it was bad, I'm sorry, it just was. Like a frozen dinner melted and heated up.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank EvenJo

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
St. Petersburg, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good taste in amazing place”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Pontile restaurant is located in front of Aragonese Castle: the view is amazing and you don't forget it quickly!
Food is very good!

• Visited August 2013
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Lovely restaurant, the staff were wonderfu and very welcoming, the food and wine was fab and very well priced. But possibly the most amazing view from a restaurant ever. Very romantic!

• Visited October 2013
“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ISCHIA!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I took a trip to Ischia May 2012, and found ourselves in the best restaurant EVER. We loved the little decorated restaurant - It's the type of restaurant where the mom is in the back rolling the noodles, everything is homemade. The son & father were so friendly and hospitable. We were in Ischia for 2 nights, and ate there both evenings. The noodles with the seafood were just amazing!

They took limoncello shots with us after dinner and we had a lot of fun taking photos together with the whole family too. I just recently mailed them our photo and hope to keep in touch w/ the family....they are that great!

I miss them and I miss Ischia! We would seriously move there if we could - if you take a trip to Ischia, DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE! It's a true gem in the tiny hidden island of Ischia.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant based on the TripAdvisor reviews and it held up to it's 5 star rating. This restaurant serves the best pasta I've had. We ate here 3 times during our 5 day stay in Ischia and each time it was delicious. My favourite was the signature Al Pontile spaghetti - amazing. The family that runs the restaurant is wonderful and all of the meals are homemade. We tried 4 different pastas, the bruschetta and 3 different wines - all were excellent. The back patio has a wonderful view of the sea and castle and the atmosphere is quite intimate. We would go back to this restaurant time and time again.

• Visited October 2013