“So nice, we went twice ”
Review of I Sapori di Giulia

I Sapori di Giulia
Ranked #61 of 161 Restaurants in Ischia
Description: Neighborhood restaurant Ischia porto under new management. We are located right in Piazzetta dei Pini. We serve pizza, fish dishes and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Reservations accepted. Suitable for groups, families and couples.
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

An exceptional menu (which features beautiful water color illustrations!) highlighting everything fresh, seasonal and unique to Ischia. My husband and I had a FANTASTIC meal here on a Saturday night (swordfish pasta to die for) which was so good we chose to return the following evening as well! Lovely atmosphere for al fresco dining with blue and white decor. Warm, attentive service from Giulia herself- a culinary highlight of our time on the coast. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Walked into the restaurant off the street the welcome we had was fabulous,great menu freshly cooked food,great service with a great ambience.
What more would you want.

Date of visit: September 2017
Isapori_digiulia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Sapori di Giulia, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Hi, thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon to let you enjoy many other specialities of the House. Kind regards

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a snack at lunchtime.

Nice looking from the street but turned out to be very cramped. For people entering tables and chairs had to be constantly moved to seat them. This was made worse by the inclement weather reducing the available floor space.
Not really a place for a quick snack due to the fixed cover charge which is not indicated until the bill arrives.
Service was friendly and prompt but overall wouldn't improve the average rating

Date of visit: September 2017
Isapori_digiulia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Sapori di Giulia, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Hi, so if we had to move the tables was due to bad weather because as you may have noticed the restaurant is small but very nice and cozy. as far as prices are average of all the restaurants around. We hope to welcome you again to let you taste our specialties. Kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Restaurant is beautifully maintained with all food cooked to order. we had lunch here twice. FAB. I've never eaten langoustines to big!

Date of visit: August 2017
Isapori_digiulia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Sapori di Giulia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Hi, thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you soon to be able to enjoy our other speciality. Kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

So sorry to give this review as they were quite nice and We did feel a little bit sorry for them since the great restaurant next to them was packed everyday. (Choose that in stead) This is the reason we picked this restaurant actually.

Unfortunately there is a reason the other restaurant is packed with people and this isn't.

We had penne al arrabiata and the pasta was clearly not homemade, not al dente and just plain boring. The caprese was ok and the green salad too plain!

There's is a strange experience connected to the house wine experience.
The house wine was quite distasteful and after the meal I told the waiter.

She replied that she did suggest me that I chose a bottle. Quite a strange reply, I thought, since I would not expect a house wine to be distasteful.
Shortly after she returned to the table with a bottle and told me that THIS was a good wine and not the house wine. Since I did not have this wine I do not see the relevance after our meal and I asked what the house wine I drank was, she replied that it was the same brand just a cheap one. She had to have it since people were sometimes asking for a glass of wine.

So basically the house wine is crappy wine do not order if you venture to this place. Not good service I must say!

Date of visit: August 2017