“So grateful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Alberto

Ristorante Alberto
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Ischia
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minden, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So grateful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My name is Francesco, I'm Italian chef and I live in US. Few years ago I met Ristorante Alberto and since then I recommend to all my friends who visit Italy. A couple of friends just came back from a trip to Ischia and they had a great dining experience there. They said "it was magic". And I know why. Living in US I miss a lot the warm atmosphere and the genuine honest great italian cuisine. Please give yourself a great present. You won't regret!

Oss, The Netherlands
“Very nice view, but disappointed food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We had the 60 Euro menu. First 2 dishes where fine, rest was too much and not tasty. Whine was good. Dishes came much too fast.

GianniMa, Proprietario at Ristorante Alberto, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We are sorry for not being at your height . I am the chef, and my sister is in charge of the hall. We remember good to you . We remind you that you are Beautiful people and kind customers ( this is not much) . Thank you for having enjoyed our pastas, and our entrees . I 'm sorry for bluefish to maruzzara (the second dish that you have not liked ) . This is our old flat sea . I understand that the taste of oily fish is very intense and can sometimes be annoying , but you could explain the problem and we redid the dish , with another kind. It would be ... very nice, I'd be happy if the next time you tell me where and there is the error or problem in the pot that you have consumed . The fish is so fresh that you have consumed since we do not have a freezer and we use it only for 48 hours ( alberto has existed since 1940. We gave food to Burt Lancaster and Liz Taylor  to tell you that we are very careful in our food ) would be very nice and useful, if your Vote ( 2) is constructive . As .... say " not good " for my growth is not helpful at all. , and it is useful for customers who v'errano coming to eat me. It was salty ? hard? acid ? etc. . etc. . here's how I can improve myself ..... Thank you and hope to do better next time.

Chef Gianni Mattera .. sorry my terrible english :)
Mactan, Cebu, Philippines
“A great paticeria and bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Well first I can not tell dislikes because I have non, all I can say its a great bar and pasticeria and they make mouth watering ice cream, I miss this place because now I'm in the Philippines

Visited June 2013
York, United Kingdom
“You really need to try this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

If in Ischia you really should check this restaurant out.
Great location looking out over the bay right on the seafront.
Alberto is a very helpful host who will help you with the menu options and selection of fish dishes on offer. Unlike some of the other establishments on the Island you will not get caught out with the price of the fish as it is all listed clearly on the menu. If you are not clear simply ask to clarify.
Quality of the food is fantastic as is the atmosphere and service. I have never ever tasted lobster so good in my life - absolutely brilliant.
A place for special occasions and a significant step up from the norm.
Do try it - the local Italians rate it highly too.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Restaurant, Nice Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday and came upon Ristorante Alberto.Lovely location by the water. Were warmly welcomed by the owner who also took our order. Some of the staff didn't seem to be all that comfortable with English, but the owner spoke enough to help us understand the menu. Nice menu. We chose two pasta dishes, which were very good. Enjoyed our dinner and watching the owner interact with his guests. An appetizer, two pasta dishes, water, wine & beer came to $80 US. Thought that it was quite reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013