We stayed 3 nights and visited all around the island, although Ischia town is the busiest, where we spent all the evenings.
We actually expected more from our room for 100 euro, especially from the bathroom (old fashioned). The sea view is rather vague, I would choose again for garden view. Good breakfast served at the table (no buffet): if you like, you may also order an omelette (with cheese) and cappucino.
When you arrive at Ischia Porto, you can take the bus to Lacco Ameno (buy tickets in advance at the kiosk), since the bus stop is 150 m from the hotel (first stop near the center)
- Try to get good information about the routes of all the busses in order to plan properly your tours. We did't manage to find any map with the routes.
- When in St. Angelo, take the boat taxi to Maronti and/or the other side, around the cliff. Try to have a coffe on the terrace of Hotel Albergo Miramare (if they let you in).
- Take the bus to Campagnano, get off and view Ischia Ponte (castle) in the late afternoon. Take the same bus again and visit Carta Romana (rockky beaches). Sit on the terrace of the cafe/restaurant near the bus stop.
- Take the bus to Ischia Ponte (castle) in the morning or late afternoon.
- Visit the garden of La Mortela just outside Forio (take the upper entrance). It is worth the 12 euro entrance fee . ( 3 hours)
- We haven't been on Monte Epomeo: they say the view is stunning (clear sky/sun direction) after a climbing walk of less than an hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three stars hotel situated a few minutes walk from the center of Lacco Ameno, close to the beach and near the tourist berth. A family run hotel in a typically mediterranean architecture, set amongst a green oasis with a naturally volcanic heated pool and a wellness zone.The twenty rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms are with air conditioning, ceiling fan, TV, telephone, minibar.The owners themselves take care of a tasty and wholesome cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Villa Angelica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Hotel Villa Angelica Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno