We stayed in this hotel for a week as a group of 4 people.
The main positive features of this resort are:
1) location and views
2) hotel free of charge transfer services within 5 minutes rides (mostly to Lacco Ameno and to the beach)
3) the set of different types of the pools
4) under weather conditions You can choose between the windy side (if hot) and calm side (if cool)
5) don't miss spa treatments (we loved Giuseppe treatments - I adore of physiotherapy - not cheap but really helped me and my mum).
6) restaurant bills were almost like town-restaurant bills but the views from the hotel is much better -but maybe a little bit windy (jackets are recommended)
But unfortunately there were several disappointments:
1) be caution with the room type choosing. as we were 4 we decided to save our money and took suite. Actually this type of room is very good for 2 persons because it's like two level open-space studio. There is NO door between bedroom (upstairs) and living room (where additional bed (-s) installed. So this was not very convenient to live as 4. Another issue - Upstairs is too stuffy while downstairs was too cool while using air-conditioner. Moreover You will be hear all conversation of Your neighbors (as they will hear yours)))). In the morning be ready to be awaken by sounds of the sounds of the entrance chain (it keep entrance area from riding by car exactly to the hotel entrance but it is situated right above the suite 7). Another point - the most expensive suites have the worst corridor (old carpet with bad lights - the manager said it's the last place for renovation - for me it's very surprised to take the higher price with the lowest surroundings) and average views (you will not have cosy private yard as it's advertised (all of yards are separated by thin bush with slipped not-taken-away grass just below the hedge)
2) be ready for permanent direct instructions for the stuff as the hotel practice is "manual managing" - if You have a problem You need to repeat it several times to different people: for example, I asked 2 times the room service to clean the bath (once a day while met them) - actually they cleaned it only when I got them in the room and put them by finger where the dirt is); hotel policy is NO ironing in the room: upon arrival I explained 2 hours more then 4 hours which items I need to be ironed because they can't iron all our things (it was the end of working day) and sent poor non-speaking-English maid several times for clarification.
3) strange policy for bottled water - they said they put one complimentary bottle upon arrival only - so the guests usually need to go down to the city by free shuttle bus to buy bottled water (in the shop it costs below 2 euro instead of 4 euro in the hotel). from my side it's not a 5 star hotel policy.
4) if You will go to La mortella garden be ready that You will be taking-off / picking up from main entrance (lower) ONLY (it's more relevant if You will go for classic music events there because usually the main entrance is closed by the end of the concert).
5) within a week we found twice a big bug (looks like 3 size cockroach but management insisted to name them "an insect" and explained by the next door forest). They input anti-mosquito's liquid in the plug-ins but I never thought that the smells would have any influence on the cockroaches. Just be ready for "the neighbors".
6) not all of the waiters are very good with English - we asked 10 minutes to bring our kept bottles of wine.
7) they have only 5 TV channels in NOT Italian of more than 500 channels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your San Montano Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo San Montano Hotel Lacco Ameno
- San Montano Resort & SPA Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno