“Tourist Trap, Rude Staff, Slow Service and Bland Food to Boot”

Trattoria Casa Colonica al Negombo
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Lacco Ameno
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived late night after a concert nearby and wanted a light dinner. We were 4 adults and 2 sleeping children. The waiter asked if he could just bring us a "few" things, "Antipasto, pasta, a little meat and a little fish." Hesitantly, we agreed. Big mistake! The food was very slow to arrive, too much time passed between courses, the servings were much too large for the four of us and the food had no taste. When we finally tried to get our check to leave, the waiter said "Oh No", that we had a full fish coming too! After the mass quantities of tasteless food they had already dumped on us (and that had gone uneaten) we were in no mood for a full fish, (which was also bland in taste).
In the end we were presented with a bill of about €550 for the four of us. We were furious that we were targeted as such gullible tourists and treated so poorly. In the two weeks we spent sailing around the Italian Islands, we had many amazing meals and wonderful experiences. This was definitely the worst on all accounts.

3  Thank KG_Travel_Bug
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Casa Colonica al Negombo

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant in July with my friend and after an amazing time in the thermal pools, we were looking forward to a nice lunch, however we were extremely disappointed. We were seated but then were ignored for the next ten minutes and I had to ask for the menu. We waited another fifteen minutes and could not get any of the waiters attention to order - eventually I caught the eye of a waiter who I think was the owner and asked could we order when he was ready - he then gave out to me for calling on him and was extremely rude and completely out of order. We were going to walk out after being spoken to in such a way, however another waiter then appeared at our table. We then waited about 30 minutes for our order ( bruschetta x2). The bill came to €14 and overall we were just sorry we didn't leave earlier. It was an extremely frustrating hour out of an otherwise fantastic day at this spa park. One word for this place - avoid!!!

2  Thank EmmaG19
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend found this restaurant on trip advisor. It got great reviews and we were not disappointed! The place is beautiful. The owners are both artists and the décor and atmosphere is rustic and relaxing. It has a Lilly pond and an herb garden. The owner Jack gave as us an excellent wine recommendation that was only $14 euros. Everything we ate was extremely fresh. The chef comes out and picks the herbs right before they cook each dish. Jack makes you feel like an invited guest in his home. My boyfriend and I both got hugs and kisses when we left. It was a very special meal.

1  Thank Sunshine201
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the incredible Island of Ischia - one of many trips we have made there over the years. My father was born in this beautiful place and every time I return I find yet another hidden treasure - this time it was Casa Colinica. Nestled into the side of a mountain at Negombo Giardini Termale we found the most exquisite, simple, earth to table food. Family owned and operated since 1930, this gem is orchestrated by an amazing husband and wife, and a small team of people in their beautiful kitchen. We ate lunch there for four days in a row, everyday something different, and each plate more flavorful than the last. Fresh mozzarella, garden fresh vegetables, handmade pasta, fish, and crisp island wine - all finished with a cookie jar of homemade biscotti - help yourself. in addition to the incredible food is the atmosphere - the owner Jack makes you feel like you're in his home, and the design of the beautiful open air restaurant creates all the ambiance needed for an afternoon of lingering or a romantic evening. This place epitomizes what real Italian food is - simple, clean, and aromatic. This restaurant is one of the best - if not THE best - on the island. A big hello from Los Angeles Jack!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at Casa Chilenne in Cortona and had a wonderful time there, we did a few walkabouts in Cortona and found this trattoria not far from the Piazza, lovely walk from the B & B.
The restaurant takes reservation, we didnt have one and they welcomed us into the restaurant
We were given an appy on the house and the food was delicious, friendly staff and a very nice
Atmosphere, after dinner was done and we were waiting for dessert we were given a bottle of
Ice wine and had a glass on the house, wonderful experience.