“It's too bad!!!”
Review of Panificio Le Ventarole - CLOSED

Panificio Le Ventarole
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A restaurant set in a country environment, Le Ventarole will conquer you with its typical kitchen of Ischia, its wine cellar, and the surrounding vineyard.
NAPLES,ITALY
“It's too bad!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of the best restaurants on the Island of Ischia..Characteristic to say the least.Last Saturday night (September 22,2012)as usual it was packed..

Meat to fish with traditional plates offered also!---(I should know as I ate like a Big Turkey on Saturday night= 2 primi and I still went the "whole nine yards" later on too. Everytime I go there I am like a- kid in a Candy shop- meaning I don't know what to eat first as each plate is of such "alta qualita!"

The atmosphere offered right in front of the Grill is where it is "happening!"
As for the owner, Maurizio keeps everybody on their toes from the waiters,to the chefs,to the kitchen and most importantly his clients - meaning us! He leaves no stone unturned.

But it is too bad -yes too bad that he closes for the winter months from November to April...I'm trying to the best of my ability to convince him to keep the restaurant open all year long..A restaurant at this level should never close- never!

• Visited September 2012

london
“ubbidente”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fairly easy to find this restaurant. Food and atmosphere is excellent. Big menu would have loved to try the rest of the menu if i had a few more days in ischea. Hopefully will go again to ischea and will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank ubbidente
Paris, France
“Autenticità”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Maurizio offers real food, that means local vegetables, excellent meat, and the best bread, made in his bakery. My enthousiasm is entirely related to the care and love and proficiency with which food is chosen and prepared. Ischia is charming because it has remained very authentic, but of course a number of entrepreneurs want to make a quick buck by serving tourists basic food. Nothing such in Le Ventarole: just go there once for a special event. The setting is lovely under the trees in a welcome shadow, decorated with colourful (and fresh) tomatoes, melanzane, onion grapes, and pepperoni. When the weather is fresh, if ever, an old cellar opens on the terrace for comfortable and intimate dining.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin
“Even better than I remembered”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I love it when you go back to a place and it turns out to be as good - or even better - than you remembered. I had such great memories of this restaurant that I could not wait to go back and we were lucky as it had just opened for the summer season. We got a really warm welcome and asked for "my" table which made the waiter laugh. The food was just as mouth-watering as last year and this time I decided to try the meat, tempted by the wonderful smells from the outdoor griddle. Our starter was a luscious plate of pasta with clams and beans and they brought us a plate of bruschetta which was hard to resist. My steak was cooked to perfection and so succulent and we were told it is all biological. And my friend had the catch of the day which was also grilled and had all those flavours that tell you you are in the Mediterranean! The prices were still good and more than in line given the high quality of the food, the efficient and friendly service and the great atmosphere. For anyone visiting Ischia this it a must-do. I'll be back next year!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Paca7
Dublin
“Wonderful food, great atmosphere, good prices”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Le Ventarole, on the main road close to Lacco Ameno where we were staying, was our favourite restaurant when we stayed 3 nights on Ischia. It was a pity we did not know about it the first night, but we ate there the other two nights. It is in an old wine cellar and so very appealing, and there are also tables outside in courtyard surrounded by lemon trees.

The first night we let the waiter suggest what we should have and he brought us a wonderful real neapolitan plate of pasta with a tatsty sauce made with onions and veal shanks which he said is cooked for many hours over a very low heat. It was delicious, so much so that we finished by wiping up the sauce with the wonderful crusty bread which is made in the bakery that belongs to the same owners.

For our main course my friend had grilled prawns that had been grilled to perfection and I had a plate of rabbit, cooked Ischia style with tomato sauce,some garlic, local herbs (bagnato con vino bianco) . It was very tender and flavorsome and again I finished the plate off with some bread! We had a bottle of good local white wine called Biancolella and could not resist a desert to finish off the meal. The waiter said we had to try the typical Babà, a kind of donut steeped in rum syrup which was really delicious. The second evening we had an antipasto italiano with salami, cured ham and mozzarella di bufala , a very tasty soup of pasta, potatoes and provola cheese and two very tender T-bone steaks.

We can really recommend this place, the service is fast and the waiters are really helpful and enjoy explaining the dishes (they also speak English and German). The prices were more than fair for the excellent quality of the food and the original menu. When we return to Ischia we intend trying out some more of the tempting specialties on the menu.

• Visited July 2011