We recently stayed at this fabulous hotel. I don't know why trip advisor have it as 3 star when it is a 5 star hotel by international standards (not Italian). The hotel is set in the most amazing place, tucked into the side of a hill at the end of the most quaint fishing village. We stayed in a rather large room at the end of the sports wing. In fact it was 2 rooms with bathroom and balcony that overlooked the village and across the bay to Procida. The view was really beautiful and the room/s were fabulous. There was the most beautiful lagoon to swim in and a great salt water swimming pool that is so deep you can't touch the bottom no matter how hard you try. The pool water is pumped in from the sea. We were travelling with our 13 y/o daughter who was made to feel very special. I also noticed young toddlers, babies and children who were also treated like gods. The staff were fantastic, they couldn't have tried harder to make our stay more enjoyable and memorable. We ate at the hotel in the various restaurants and they all had the most amazing food, truely delicious. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was in Conde Nast top ten of 'Where we want to go in 2006' and I can understand why.....absolutely brilliant!!!! I would go back in a flash. Put this hotel into your Italian Itinerary and give yourself at least 3 days to chill out at the hotel and to check out the fabulous island of Ischia. Chow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” is located directly on the seashore, in the midst of a peaceful bay surrounded by rocky shores and luscious Mediterranean vegetation. The hotel is located in the township of Lacco Ameno in Ischia, the largest Neapolitan island in the Gulf of Naples. It was built in the 1950’s by Angelo Rizzoli. The island’s beauty and thermal baths captivated the illustrious publisher and film director. In 1956 he decided to enlarge historic Regina Isabella’s thermal baths and build a resort over the ancient Greek - Roman ruins. After just a few years, Ischia and “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” became the centre of attraction for cosmopolitan worldliness. Celebrities such as Richard Burton, Liz Taylor, Maria Callas, Alberto Sordi and William Holden enlivened those popular years making it one of the most exclusive and glamorous destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Albergo della Regina Isabella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Della Regina Isabella Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Regina Isabella Ischia
- L'Albergo Della Regina Isabella Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno