Nice hotel and beautiful location BUT ... don't choose it if you are travelling for business.
The hotel is nice, even though not comparable to other 5 star Luxury hotels I stayed at. The location is really beautiful, and the view from the room can be gorgeous (view of the sea and the village, which during the night can be very romantic). During the day my room became very noisy, because of the people and kids screaming while jumping into the water (I love this when I travel with family; it can be problematic if I have business phone calls or need to work). It can be very disturbing also if you choose the hotel for its thermal facilities and relax.
The rooms are average, considering the level of the hotel. They are comfortable and clean, but there is not a desk (not even the space for a desk) if you need to use your computer. I had to use the TV stand. The WIFI connection is ridiculous, you just cannot use it because after few minutes the connection drops off and you have troubles reconnecting (this cannot happen in an hotel of this level). If I did not have my wireless device I could have had big work-related problems. I read that other guests, in different periods, had the same problem, so this really is something not due to special technical circumstances. A strong suggestion for the hotel management: "fix it, it is easy and cheap".
The service is ok, but you do not feel that I-care-about-you- type of atmosphere that is typical (and requested) at luxury hotels. Food is good (I did not try their special restaurant for dinners).
Hope this is useful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” is located directly on the seashore, in the midst of a peaceful bay surrounded by rocky shores and luscious Mediterranean vegetation. The hotel is located in the township of Lacco Ameno in Ischia, the largest Neapolitan island in the Gulf of Naples. It was built in the 1950’s by Angelo Rizzoli. The island’s beauty and thermal baths captivated the illustrious publisher and film director. In 1956 he decided to enlarge historic Regina Isabella’s thermal baths and build a resort over the ancient Greek - Roman ruins. After just a few years, Ischia and “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” became the centre of attraction for cosmopolitan worldliness. Celebrities such as Richard Burton, Liz Taylor, Maria Callas, Alberto Sordi and William Holden enlivened those popular years making it one of the most exclusive and glamorous destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your L'Albergo della Regina Isabella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Della Regina Isabella Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Regina Isabella Ischia
- L'Albergo Della Regina Isabella Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno