“Absolutely fabulous dinner experience ”
Review of Cantinando

Cantinando
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/23
8:00 PM
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I found the Cantinando via TripAdvisor and on a Saturday without reservation they managed to get us a table. We had the tonight special antipasto, primi and secondo. The insalata polpo and the pasta with polpo was really nice but the tuna was among the best we ever had. The Cantinando is named after the chef Nando and managed together with his wife Daniella, who speaks excellent English. My wife and I shared the menu and got served each dish on two plates without any issues. I can truly recommend a visit, make sure to make a reservation since at least 3 parties couldn't get a table on this Saturday.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Very good food, cooked with passion.
The restaurant is small and they have only 2 tables outside, but the athmosphere is cosy and the temperature cool, so it doesn't matter. Heartwarming service. Don't forget to make a reservation!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

We were in Ischia for only one night, and had a great dinner at Cantinando; one of the best evenings on our 2 week trip throughout Italy. Very small charming 'wine cellar' venue, tucked underneath a building -- we had a reservation, came by foot from our hotel higher up in Casamicciola (harrowing walk down with motorini/cars, but thank God for googlemaps and cell service) Upon arriving, the genuine service, candlelit setting, delicious Ischian wine and food made for a beautiful meal that we are glad we made the trek to enjoy! It is a husband (chef) and wife (front of house) team and you can tell how much they care about their restaurant through their hospitality. We shared octopus salad and mussels soup aka mussels in tomato broth, spaghetti with clams, and a berry cheesecake. I had Ischian white; husband had Ischian red. At the end of the meal, we tasted an arugula-infused amaro on the house. And they were so kind as to call us a cab back to our hotel :)

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

The reviews for this restaurant probably built it up too much for me. My octopus salad...the octopus was obviously from a jar which when you are by the sea is so disappointing. If it isn't in season...don't serve it. The seabass was plain and the 'vegetables' were about a thin slice each of aubergine and corguette. To be fair my husband's seabass spaghetti was tasty. The dry version of the ischia white wine was lovely and made up for an evening of disappointing food.

2  Thank europhile13_13
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Cantinando is a cozy subterranean restaurant. I would advise reservations, as there are only a small number of tables. The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. Set below street level on a quiet residential road, Cantinando is a modern take on Ischian cuisine. The tuna tartare with passion fruit was bursting with flavor and perfectly fresh. The Ragu di Polpo (octopus ragu) was exceptional. The portions were generous, but not overwhelming and the quality top notch. The chef is proud of his restaurant and was out in the restaurant greeting customers. You can tell there is passion in the food. A perfect spot to enjoy exceptional cuisine in a magical setting.

1  Thank thetravellingsky