New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great hotel with fantastic restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa

Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my best friend's wedding. Everything was fantastic, and whether you stay here or not, you should at least try the Michelin Star restaurant. A wonderful experience! The Hotel really looked after the wedding party, and nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

What more can you say that hasn't been said several times already in these reviews? You get what you pay for at this hotel, it's pricey for sure but you do get the real 5 star treatment. The hotel can initially seem a bit over the top, even tacky, but when you take a closer look it really is quite exquisite and lovely. The mosaics, marbles and tiles are a masterpiece. The pools are lovely. The service is fantastic overall, even if there are a couple of odd characters here and there (one of the waiters made it quite clear that our toddler was a nuisance to him). The clientele is unfortunately quite homogenous (mainly snobby unfriendly italians). Breakfast is perhaps the best I've encountered at a hotel. The location was perhaps not what everybody is looking for (many come to Ischia wanting sea views) but I personally loved the small town square ambiance and didn't miss the view.

Now my qualms: 1) For a hotel of this category and price the showers are ridiculous. Even though the bathrooms are spacious they have the 'box' type showers where not even one slim adult can bathe in comfortable without hitting the walls. 2) The food. I know people have raved about it on this site, but I live in Naples and good food is ubiquitous to this part of the world. So from a 'local's' perspective the food was average and vastly overpriced. There are many better restaurants on the island. 3) I really don't think kids are very welcome here. We were 'kindly' forced out of the breakfast room onto the terrace. I can't imagine why and no reasons was given to us.

We initially got a room that was clearly one of their worst, on a corner, little light and tight. We spoke to reception and were upgraded to one with a balcony. Huge improvement.

Room Tip: Most rooms have balconies. Don't let them put you into one of the few crappy ones that don't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ticosticos
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Some places draw you in. Pamper you. Excite and satisfy all your senses. Terme Manzi is one of these places. The hotel is eclectic & elegant. The rooms very comfortable. The spa with all the treatments is perfect and very professional. These people know their mud! But then they know their food even better. The two star Michelin Mosaico is creative, original, a labor of love and totally delicious. Do not pass an opportunity to dine here. We loved our table in the kitchen watching the chef work his magic. Terme Manzi is a very special place. Cannot wait to return next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Zimarkus
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this fantastic hotel during our Amalfi coast tour this May 2013. The hotel staff from the start made us feel like home. Our room was like in the photos on the website. Spacious and nicely decorated. We truly enjoyed the Spa area and the treatments. Try out the mud therapy :) Il Mosaico, their 2 Michelin Star restaurant was awesome. We had a faboulous dinner. The shuttle service was always at our service whenever we needed it to go to Ischia downtown. Last but not least, the breakfast they serve is magnificent. We loved our stay at this beautiful hotel and thanks to all other Tripadvisor comments which made us chose Terme Manzi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank derrita
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

fantastic experience. Went with a girlfriend on a 5 day package which included spa treatments, dinner, some excursions and tickets to a 'spa park'.

The decor is kind of eclectic - one minute its grecian, the next asian, etc. but it all kind works. The gaudiness adds up to a sort of elegance that's hard to describe.

Loved the roof pool - such gorgeous views and the breakfast was delicious. The shuttle service was such a fantastic perk.

Only one hiccup on the trip, I went outside onto the stairs to smoke in the late night and left my friend sleeping in our room. Well, that particular stairwell only went up to the pool and the elevator was locked down. So I was trapped in there for about an hour trying to figure a way out. In the end it was very MacGyver and I climbed around the roof in a tank top and panties. Excellent travel story now, not so funny at the time. Spoke with management about putting signs on the door to warn people they lock. They were super apologetic (though I'm sure they thought it was hilarious).

All in all, we felt like two very pampered girls by the time we sadly had leave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we arrived at the front doors I was a little concerned that the hotel wasn't what I thought it would be. But once inside, it was fantastic and more than I had hoped. The front desk was very helpful and checked us in quickly. Unfortunately, thanks to mechanical difficulties on our flight we arrived a day late. The hotel was welcomed us warmly and quickly changed our mood of our trip. Our room was lovely, very clean, and with excellent amenities. We had a delicious lunch by the pool and then relaxed our weary bodies in the roof top pool and then in the healing spa pool.

We were very lucky to celebrate my birthday by dining at the Chef's table at Il Mosaic. WOW!! Normally we prefer simple rustic Italian food and see no need to dining at high end restaurants in Italy. Well, Il Mosaic proved us very wrong. It was definitely one of the best dining experiences of our lives and we have had some amazing ones. Every details was thought out and executed with perfection. So delicious! When we thought we could not eat another bit, something new came out and we found room. While it wasn't an inexpensive meal, it was a tremendous value. It certainly was a highlight of our trip, but really every experience at Terme Manzi was spectacular. The spa services, the spa itself, the roof top pool, breakfast, Gli Ulivi, and the staff were all top notch. Dinner at Il Mosaic was a once (or hopefully twice) in a lifetime event, our simple dinner at Gli Ulivi the next night was just as delicious - just different.

Honestly, I could never understand people that go to a hotel in Italy and never really leave. Well, our stay at Terme Manzi helped us understand why people do that. Since our stay was cut short with our late arrival, we never left the hotel during our 2 days. We actually tried to figure out if we could change our plans to get to Positano so that we could spend more time in Ischia. Sadly, it didn't work out, but we agreed that we definitely need to return to Terme Manzi and maybe next time we'll actually leave the hotel. But seriously, I'm not so sure as Terme Manzi was such paradise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Golfergal
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Can't explain in words the beauty of this hotel. I had business in Italy and took a 3 day stay at Terme Manzi at the end of my trip. What a fabulous weekend it was.
Take the ferry from Naples to Casamicciola NOT downtown Ischia. The hotel is much closer to Casamicciola port. The taxi was $15 euro. When I got to the hotel, I received a full tour including the spa. I have never seen so many different treatments at all different prices. The staff was there for every need. Very nice!! Breakfast was good with alot of variety and a mix of hot and cold foods. Delicouse breads and pastries too. The pool area was gorgeous with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. I had lunch at the pool both days. I think the pricing was similar to American hotels but the food was very fresh and large portions. I had dinner off the property both nights and the taxi into town was around 20 euro. Be careful as the taxis will overcharge. I had the hotel order the taxi and then called the same one to come home. I was not overcharged. The day I did take my own taxi, I was ripped off.
I really can't say anything bad about the hotel. The room was gorgeous with beautiful tile, good towels, great water pressure. The staff was so nice and wanted to please - from the housekeeping, the spa and the front desk. Don't go here with young children. They will not enjoy or appreciate the beauty this hotel is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hotel Villa Janto
#2 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme
5.0 of 5 stars 637 reviews
Hotel Le Querce Terme & Spa

Been to Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!