What more can you say that hasn't been said several times already in these reviews? You get what you pay for at this hotel, it's pricey for sure but you do get the real 5 star treatment. The hotel can initially seem a bit over the top, even tacky, but when you take a closer look it really is quite exquisite and lovely. The mosaics, marbles and tiles are a masterpiece. The pools are lovely. The service is fantastic overall, even if there are a couple of odd characters here and there (one of the waiters made it quite clear that our toddler was a nuisance to him). The clientele is unfortunately quite homogenous (mainly snobby unfriendly italians). Breakfast is perhaps the best I've encountered at a hotel. The location was perhaps not what everybody is looking for (many come to Ischia wanting sea views) but I personally loved the small town square ambiance and didn't miss the view.
Now my qualms: 1) For a hotel of this category and price the showers are ridiculous. Even though the bathrooms are spacious they have the 'box' type showers where not even one slim adult can bathe in comfortable without hitting the walls. 2) The food. I know people have raved about it on this site, but I live in Naples and good food is ubiquitous to this part of the world. So from a 'local's' perspective the food was average and vastly overpriced. There are many better restaurants on the island. 3) I really don't think kids are very welcome here. We were 'kindly' forced out of the breakfast room onto the terrace. I can't imagine why and no reasons was given to us.
We initially got a room that was clearly one of their worst, on a corner, little light and tight. We spoke to reception and were upgraded to one with a balcony. Huge improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Casamicciola Tterme, at the heart of the island of Ischia, Relais & Chateaux Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa awaits your arrival to provide you with a truly special experience with its thermal Spa, relaxing atmosphere, and superb dining. Your wellness is guaranteed thanks to its great modern spa, which was built around the most famous thermal hot springs on the island of Ischia, the Gurgitiello Springs. After fighting for the unification of Italy, Giuseppe Garibaldi came to the springs to heal his wounds resulting from the battle of Aspromonte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terme Manzi Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Terme Manzi Hotel And Spa
- Terme Manzi Casamicciola
- Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme