“Another wonderful experience at Manzi!”

Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa
Rome, Italy
“Another wonderful experience at Manzi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Back at Manzi again this September and the staff did not disappoint! As I wrote last year - my business is Italian travel and this property is a MUST! Hope to fit in another quick trip to Manzi next spring time! Grazie!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dolcerita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Lovely..... really lovely accomodation and great use of shuttle service. Service from reception is fantasitic and breakfast is to live for.. the most amazing breakfast ever...

... sadly the only thing is that the 3 mornings we where there.... breakfast service was NOT with a smile, as not efficient ( we waited over 20 mins each morning for tea and coffee!) .... you have my vote, but you need to improve breakfast without question. Also, for the benefit of other customers, please dont allow people to come to breakfast in their robes... this puts other guests off their food!

Really nice finishing touches, would stay and again... overall an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed at Terme Manzi for a week with my partner and was not disappointed. The service received was far superior to anything I've received in Italy in all my travels to the country - everyone was superb and made us both feel very welcome at every opportunity. The spa is wonderful, the pool and its view from the roof is breathtaking and the little touches they provide at every chance are unexpected and very thoughtful.

The bar service was flawless, the evening live music was entertaining and the pool bar does the best lobster club sandwich.

The hotel also organised all of our transfers from/to Naples - worth doing.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing "escape" in Ischia, but within easy reach of the main towns either by bus, private taxi or shuttle bus. There were a a few young children there (not ideal for us!) but it was peak season August so I can accept this - the good thing is we spent the day on the sun deck on the other side of the hotel away from the noise so it was possible to escape them - strange that we never saw them anywhere else in the hotel though.

We will definitely be back. Thank you to the team at Terme Manzi!

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms have no balcony but are a good size with everyone you'd need.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank reallypickytraveller
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I spent a week here as a retreat from the real world - and it was a great success:

- Service: Outstanding. From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated as the most important person in all of Italy. The frontdesk team exceeded my expectations, going so far as to provide me with some basic Italian statements (which is needed as only hotels and some restaurants speak English) and even drawing maps for me to explore the best parts of Ischia on my rental scooter (which was all needed if you want to have your own schedule). Bonus - they contracted the scooter for me for $40/day. All I needed to do was provide a copy of my drivers license and pay cash for the rental. FABULOUS!

- Rooms: Ahhhhh... The rooms are great - large, clean, light, bright, cool, great balcony, rainshower head, SKYTV, most comfortable bed I had in Europe, twice daily servicing, nightly macaroon cookies, welcome cake. What's not to love?

- Food: Excellent. The daily breakfast was fantastic, especially the pastries and delicious cheeses. I highly recommend dinner at the hotel as well. The bar also has a delicious assortment of Grappa that is worth trying.

- Spa: I only went to the indoor pool (I am not a tan person), and was lucky enough to have it all to myself one day for multiple hours. I used the spa services as well - they were good. Not the best, but far from bad.

- Overall experience: Without a doubt, this is one place that I would recommend to any traveller. I was traveling solo, which can be a bit intimidating (particularly in Ischia when unable to speak Italian) but this property made me feel more than welcome in all situations. The ambiance and decor is unique (downright a little odd in some ways), and the artwork thoughout only enriches the experience of the hotel. The walk to Casamicciola is a bit steep, and there were some noisy catcallers in the park area when walking by myself, but the scooter rental resolved that discomfort.

What would I do differently? Schedule a specific ferry/hydrofoil and notify the hotel in advance so that the shuttle could pick me up (20 Euro for a cab ride was ridiculous).

Room Tip: I used Jetsetter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Snoweater
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed at The Terme Manzi for 1 week in July, 2011. The hotel is very very nice. Friendly staff, always wanting to help you, always smiling. Our room was lovely. We had lots of cupboard space and drawers to put our clothes away. It was also quiet in our room. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk in to town but they have a shuttle service if you don't want the exercise. The island has a lot to offer. Every day we went to a different town and there was alot to see and do. If you want to explore the island its good to rent a car as the hotel shuttle service will not take you everywhere. The hotel breakfast was very good. It is a buffet. You can also order eggs any way you like. We went to the Michelin restaurant one night and it was an amazing experience. Loved it. The hotel has a spa.
We had a couple of treatments that were included in our package. The spa itself is beautiful. The indoor pool is really nice too. There is an outdoor pool upstairs on the top floor. We used it only 1 time. The water was cool. The water in the indoor pool was warm. There is also a gym that is decent. If you want a terrific hotel in Ischia this is it. Enjoy. The island is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovebuggirl
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Very pleasant if you stay in and enjoy the spa, the treatments, the swimming pool. The food is superb (excellent chef with great local products). Rooms are clean and nice, although a bit noisy because the tile floors resonate quite a bit.
Service is excellent, very helpful and nice.
Renting a car is a good option to explore ischia (although Ischia is not as beautiful as Capri).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Well, it's hard to write this because the hotel is so beautiful but there are a few small issues that I feel need to be addressed for future visitors. Let me start with the positive first...the service at the bar and restaurant is first class and some of the best I have ever had received. Their spa is the best on the island and was absolutely stunning. Housekeeping was perfect and their breakfast was top notch. Don't miss breakfast! Now...the bad. The location was not great as the hotel is a long walk up the hill from the actual town. Also, the location is not good if you want to explore the island. Taxis are expensive and the shuttle service...oh boy! The shuttle service stops around 7PM and so if you want to go somewhere else for dinner, then you must use taxi service. With that said, if you need a trustworthy, fair, and kind taxi driver use a man named Stany...the hotel knows who he is so just ask the front desk. As far as the shuttle service is concerned...we were surprised when the young shuttle driver shouted at us "It's now or never!" when we simply asked him if he would be returning to Lacco Ameno since we didn't want to leave when he happened to drive by with other guests. He was not very friendly and continued to glare at us for the rest of our trip with I found so unprofessional!! But, there is an older man who is much nicer so just ask for him. Also, beware of the beds if you do not like hard beds. They are really, really hard. And, if you have thick or long hair, please bring your own hair dryer as the one connected to the wall has no power whatsoever. Overall, our stay was lovely and as I said, the hotel is absolutely beautiful. Worth a stay if you don't expect too much from the little town and don't need to explore the island much.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Garden & Villas Resort
Miramare e Castello Hotel

Been to Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!