“A Piece of old Ischia”

Parco Termale Castiglione
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have been to Ischia twice we prefer Castligione to the rather more flashy and high end establishments. There are quiet corners some with beautiful sea views. The pools and the natural steam grottos are wonderful. We will be going back

1  Thank PeterH010345

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We chose this therme park because of advertising in the local Ischia retailers book. We were so pleased we did. It was totally amazing and the day of relaxing and rejuvenating was a blessed relief on our European adventure.

The pools were wonderful, we experienced our vey first Kneipp walk amd found that rather interesting. We had a lovely day just sitting in pools, experiencing pools of various temperatures and sitting in ancient stone saunas.

Another highlight of the day was sitting on the deck, eating a lovely panini and drinking in the amazing views.

I can't recommend this experience highly enough. It is worth every last cent of the 27€ entry.

recommendation:

Take a taxi from the wharf. it cost us €15. And there was no negation on the price, But it was definitely worth it.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love thermal baths and went the Ischia specifically to visit them. I have been to baths and spas all over the world (Tobocan, Blue Lagoon) and honestly, Castiglione disappointed me.

WEAR FOOT WEAR! This is no place to be barefoot! The paved areas have some kind of harsh rough brick that really hurt my feet (I had not brought flip flops) and the grass was much much worse. Near the Lotus pool (super hot, 40 C) I stepped on the grass into long sharp thorns that I had to pull out of my feet! This hurt.

I probably would have liked Castiglione much more with foot wear, but it still was more like a family water park than a place for quiet relaxation. The large swimming areas were full of small children, and several of the larger thermal areas seemed to be flirting hang outs for the 20 somethings.

You need to wear a swim cap here, which they sell in the shop for 3 euros, and towel rental is 2 euros. You have to ask to rent a towel at where you turn in your clothes at the changing room; it is not immediately obvious.

This, I think, would be a good place to come with children. There are some very nice thermal areas and options and large swimming pools. The site is lovely with a beautiful view of the sea beyond. But I did not find it particularly restful. Children dominated the large swimming areas and I think most of the clientele were families with yearly memberships. Far nicer than the local swim club here, but not what I want to pay thermal bath prices to experience!

1  Thank Shariann L
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Castiglione thermal park is an amazing place to spend a day!
It's located on a terraced slope facing the sea. There are 10 different swimming pools, most of them are filled with thermal water (temperature within 30° and 38° C.); many pools are with massaging water jets. There are also several steam baths and kneipp water therapy.
The stunning view from each terrace made our staiyng in the water even most pleasant.
A spa offers beauty treatment and massage (not included in the entrance fee).

1  Thank Liliana-maldiroma
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We read a review about this being a less attractive option because it allows children. That review (from another site) could not have been more wrong! We were never once bothered by children and found our entire time there relaxing! Other sites also warned us that anything less that 10 visits would not be worth our time, but when we asked, they said that anyone can benefit from a visit. The more times, the better; but, even one or two days would give benefits.

It is convenient to get to. You can arrive there by bus (the bus stops at the top), by taxi, by car, or by walking. The park is huge and there are ten pools and numerous areas to relax. Children are allowed in the two main pool areas, but there are plenty of options for those who are there without children. I think this makes Castiglione a terrific place to visit because you can have the best of both worlds: you can bring your children and you can also sneak away to relax.

There is food there that includes options such as a quick snack bar visit, a cafeteria-style grab your own food, all the way to a full-blown restaurant. The prices were reasonable and you could bring in your own food and drinks if you wanted.

The entire property was extremely clean. No litter, clean toilets, well-maintained grounds and equipment. There were lifeguards present and staff walked through the park to ensure that things were running smoothly...yet you never really noticed them. They were observant, yet unobtrusive.

The pools themselves were wonderful! You can go from hot to cold or cold to hot. Either way has its benefits. We felt safe leaving our things by the chairs and no one bothered our items while we were away. You can also walk all the way down to the sea and snorkel, which we did. We were able to swim in the thermal areas in the sea, which was very fun to do. We splurged and had a mud wrap and massage. The prices were so reasonable, it seemed silly not to indulge. The services were excellent and very professional.

We loved it here so much that we came back a second day, when we had only planned on spending one day. We decided that it was not necessary to go elsewhere on the island or to another thermal spa location because this one had it all! It was one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever taken!

I would definitely return here and I have already raved about this location to friends and family.

4  Thank cathyindc