“Warm-hearted Italian hospitality”
Review of Hotel Villa Janto

Hotel Villa Janto
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had been meaning to write a review after our first visit last year, but all reviews are so glowing and effusive, I felt there was nothing new to add. This is still the case: everyone who goes to Villa Janto loves it, but I still want to add to the great reviews it rightly receives.
This was our second visit to Villa Janto. It was like coming back to see old friends, with hugs and kisses all round. It's a small hotel, and the Castagna family make up half of the staff that run the place. And we were delighted to see the rest of the staff hadn't changed either since last year. Everyone is so friendly, and works so hard to ensure that we had a good stay.
The hotel grounds are compact, but immaculately kept. Everywhere gets swept clean and is kept spotlessly tidy, both outside and inside the hotel.
Normally we just stay for bed and breakfast and try the local restaurants in the evening. Don't bother, Villa Janto serves the best food you will find anywhere, and in vast quantities, with Michele keen to heap ever more helpings on to your plate. If you don't firmly wave him away, you will be full by the end of the first course, with lots more deliciousness still to come......
If you come looking for room service, or uniformed barmen brandishing cocktail shakers, or top-hatted doormen flagging down taxis etc, this may not be the place for you. Its not that kind of place But if you are of the mindset that thinks "at these prices it can't be any good", you would be denying yourself a wonderful experience.
After another week at Villa Janto, I felt standards had certainly been maintained, and everything was as good as last year. I left fully refreshed, relaxed, very well fed, and I look forward to coming back soon. If it isn't a luxury Hotel, I would call it a Happy Hotel, which, in my book, is as good as it gets. Oh, and, first-time visitors: take them up on their offer of transport. You probably won't find it on your own......

Room Tip: We have had a room overlooking the pool and Monte Epomeo, and a room on the other side looking out t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeleneWilfred
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Janto

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have stayed at many top hotels around the world all inclusive etc, but this is one of the best. Yes the rooms are basic, but spotlessly clean and perfectly functional. What makes the place are the family that run it and their staff. Nothing is too much trouble, they go the extra mile to ensure that you have a good holiday, from lifts to the beach or downtown or even to the cashpoint, all done with a smile. Maria cooks wonderful food, and there is plenty of it, they even come around with seconds. With house wine at €8 a litre, what's not to like, or treat yourself to a bottle of Crateca for €15, which is the nicest bottle of white wine I have ever had, even a litre bottle of water is only €1.30, if you don't finish it, it's put back in the fridge with your room number on it and brought back out for you at the next meal. At one point we were the only Brits there, but that made it all the more fun, most of the other guests were Italian, but all very friendly. I could go on and on but I think previous reviewers have already said it all.
Do yourself a favour and go there, we will certainly be back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I spent a wonderful week at Hotel Villa Jantò last week. It was my first holiday on my own in 32 years so I was a little apprehensive, but I needn't have worried. The hotel owners, Antonio and Maria and their 2 daughters, Martina and Francesca, as well as Valentina and Michele, were all so welcoming that I immediately felt relaxed. The food, cooked by Maria, was delicious. I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere that was such good value for money. The rooms are simple and clean and very comfortable and there is a small swimming pool, thermal pool and the 'Grotto' (Turkish steam bath), with the hillside as a beautiful backdrop. Lifts were always offered down to the beach and the whole family bent over backwards to make sure that their guests had everything they needed. A large percentage of the guests were Italian and returning customers which is always a good sign. I would heartily recommend Villa Jantò to anyone wanting a simple, relaxing holiday with great food and warm, generous service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Villa Jantò lies a bit hidden up in the hills of Casamicciola Terme, surrounded by beautiful lemon and jasmin trees. It's very easy to reach other parts of the island from there or go to beaches, but it was also great to stay at the Villa the whole day, lying at the pool and having lunch and dinner in their restaurant. The atmosphere is very relaxed and quiet and the staff is extremely friendly, everybody will feel at home here. It was a real holiday for us, with a lot of sun, sea, relaxing and great food.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

If you are looking for a good value, friendly, family-run, clean, quiet hotel in the hillside, 10 minutes walk down a steep winding road to the nearest beach, shops and restaurants (Locco Ameno), with excellent home-grown organic produce, delicious italian cooking, a lovely pool and even a couple of resident tortoises, look no further! It's not sophisticated, but it is a charming and warm-hearted place. Martina and Francesca couldnt have been more helpful (even running us down to the beach and collecting us if their schedule allowed). I am strictly vegetarian, and Maria did a good job of keeping me well fed. My companion had excellent fish and meat, and the best mussels she's ever had, which is saying something, as she has travelled far and wide, to many a glitzy spot. Bathrooms and rooms were pleasant and functional, showers and bidets all worked well, no shortage of hot water, good linen and towels (even towels for the pool if required). Pretty garden and terrace. Lovely views. Many worthwhile day trips - our 3 favourites being the Castello, St Angelo and Negombo Spa with its marvellous private beach. Enjoy! Thank you to all at Villa Janto.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank melissa f
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We have just finished 7 nights at
Villa
Janto and all the excellent reviews are totally correct . Service is excellent and our hosts were superb ! Meals were fantastic, Martina very helpful and accosting with lifts .
Best day was visiting the mortella gardens but ischia is lovely , they need more buses though ! The buses were extremely crowded and as it was Easter not always running per timetable .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

朝はシンプルなパンや甘い菓子パン、外出しないときはランチもいただけます。夜のフルコースの充実っぷりたら。。
ものすごいです。

絶対また泊りに来ます。シーズンオフに行ったからだと思いますが、激安でした。3食出していただいて、たったの50ユーロ(日)

あとハマムは入った後、肌がすべすべになるのを実感。あー、戻りたい。

Definitely best of best our of whole my experience of hotels in the world.
The room is simple and clean, what is the best then?
Mom's dishes and Hamam!!!

In the morning, traditional Italian breakfast, breat and sweet bread, you can get lunch if you are in the hotel.
Dinner course is AWESOME!!! I want to bring Mom to Japan.

Hamam is wonderful, I noticed my skin got smoother after bath.
This is not 5star hotel I definitely love this place.

Because I stayed in very low season, just 10 days before they close, it was very cost-effective..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 15 in Sant'Angelo
Hotel Terme La Pergola
Hotel Terme La Pergola
#6 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme

Been to Hotel Villa Janto? Share your experiences!