We liked Grifo hotel; it was relaxing, the spa good, with a great suana, turkish bath and mineral bath. It is up on a hill on Ischai so getting to places, you have to rely on taxis, and shuttles. And taxis are expensive on the island; and the shuttle service from the hotel is good, although sometimes a bit uneven. All of the staff are very helpful, with limited English, but enough to make the trip and hotel a good place for English speaking folks. The hotel is very clean and gracious; and the rooms on the second floor have a 'to kill for' view of the island and sea. I found the place to be relaxing and a great relief from our touring in Italy -- a nice way to end the vacation. The island is a bit tough to get to if you don't have a car; the ferry ride is short, about an hour, but hauling luggage may be a problem, since there are no porters, and one has to ask, and then tip. The breakfast was o.k.; the eggs were good and it was the usual spread of hams, cheeses etc. No fresh fruit, but a great fruit salad. Ischia has lots to see and do, and is an underrated destination. Some of the restaurants are terrific, and the fruit from the street stores the best I've ever had. All in all, cheaper than Capri, and larger, so there is more to see. I would stay at Grifo again; we slept soundly; the rooms are quiet, and the guests respectful, and the spa kind of interesting if you like that sort of thing. They have great massages and spa services at reasonable prices. But again, it is the staff that make the hotel, and I found the taxi rides worth it, for the view, the restful atmosphere of the hotel and the ambience of the island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grifo hotel Charme & Spa is a four star hotel located only 1.5 km from the main centre of Ischia and Casamicciola and only 500 m from Thermal Park Castiglione. The hotel offers a free shuttle service on arrival and departure from the port of Ischia or Casamicciola. Plus, the shuttle service is also available to get to the main town. Grifo hotel Charme & Spa has a brand new wellness centre with sauna, turkish bath, natural and thermal pool, emotional shower, relaxation area with tisane where you can spend very intensive relaxing moments. Surrounding by a beautiful Mediterranean garden with a breathtaking view on the Gulf of Naples and Epomeo Mountain. Finally, there is an outdoor pool with whirlpool and hot waterfall surrounding by sun beds where you can get a perfect tan and spend a pleasant vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifo Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme