Placed very nice, quiet and calm on a hill in Castiligione, surrounded by palms and a lots of trees just between Ischia Porto and Casamicciola. If you like staying in a less busy hotel this one is perfect. It is a five minute walk to the next bus station but you do not really need it cause the hotel has a pickup and return service going more than ten times a day to/from Ischia or Casamicciola.
The hotel is very clean and modern, so was our room and restroom. We stayed in room 206 which has a ravishing view of the Golf of Napoli, it is like a canvas. The pool and relaxing area is marvelous the same goes for the spa. The staff is professional and really friendly. The dinner is very good without being top of the range but worth every penny. The snacks and cocktails at the pool bar are perfect.
For my taste there are only a few tiny things to improve: first I would like to have fresh orange juice for breakfast, even if the hotel charges more, secondly fresh milk in the morning and finally warmer lights would make the ambience in the dining room far more beautiful.
All in all it is close to ten but still a perfect 9.5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 kilometre from the centre the Ischia, near the port of Casamicciola Terme, Grifo Hotel features stunning panoramic views of the gulf of Naples, Tabor Mountain and Epomeo Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifo Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme