The Grifo hotel is a five star location on the island of ischia which makes you feel like royalty. Nestled way from the noise and craziness of the island, the hotel is located on the side of a mountain, off the main road, very close to the port of ishcia. The following is a list of things I really liked about this gem.
A. Excellent food. On a nightly basis, the hotel resturant is filled with great tasting , fresh anti-pasti that is a meal in itself. Following the anti-pasti, is a highly quality dinner with three choices, usually local fish with local wine. While I could have gone into town every night for dinner, I preferred to stay at the hotel and have food I know i would enjoy.
B. Hotel Accommodations--- I always say, if i go on vacation, I will stay at a place much better than my own house, or not bother going. The Grifo is a very modern hotel, chic and more akin to a boutique hotel rather than a standard hotel. This hotel should rate five stars for its modern nature. Each room has great air conditioning, flat screen TV and a great terrace. Overall, the room was very clean and the tile floor sparkled. Housekeeping is clearly very meticulous on how they take care of each room.
C. Hotel features-- The hotel has a great pool area that feels a lot like miami beach. Above the pool is a sun deck looking out on the beautiful mountains of ischia. Additionally, the hotel also features hot pool and sauna which makes you feel very rejuvenated after a lady at the beach. Overall, when you are on the property, you really don't feel like leaving for anything, since it is so beautiful and chic. The guests are usually very chill and laid back-- this is an excellent place to recharge the engines before heading back to work.
d. Other features-- the hotel provides shuttle service between the water parks, beaches and porto ischia. Additionally, while it is a good idea to know a Italian when visiting Italy, the hotel has many try-lingual employees that make you feel at home even though your Italian may not be perfect.
If you want to feel very special, pampered and taken care of while on vacation, and only expect tyne best in terms of service, accommodations, and food quality. This is the place to be--Where quality and price come together-- a rare gem!
I hope you enjoy your stay-- I know I did!
And will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 kilometre from the centre the Ischia, near the port of Casamicciola Terme, Grifo Hotel features stunning panoramic views of the gulf of Naples, Tabor Mountain and Epomeo Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifo Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme