“Best restaurant from island”
Review of Jamm Ja

Jamm Ja
Ranked #31 of 121 Restaurants in Forio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

This is the best restaurant from the entire island ! The lady-chef is amazing, very helpful, smiling everytime (even we broke a glass with beer) and finally she gave us a limoncello from the house and bread with herbs for free !!!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Dropped I whilst passing for a drink and ended up having pissa and homemade tiramisu.
So glad we did. Both were perfect as was the service and lovely relaxing surroundings

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Still shaken after a terrible experience last night. My mother treated us to dinner there after researching and having read many reviews in advance. It was a special occasion so my 11 year old was allowed to order sword fish which he was extremely excited about. We were the first to arrive so we’re surprised that after 20 minutes of all our dishes arriving, his still hadn’t showed despite prompting the waitress and being reassured that it was coming. Eventually she admitted that it was an oversight and informed us that he’d wait a further 5 minutes. Everyone makes mistakes so we did our best to wait so that we didn’t have completely empty plates by the time his food arrived. But after a further 15 minutes I went down to the kitchen to enquire. The waitress then asked the chef who clearly still hadn’t received the order. I returned to the table only to sit and watch table after table being served before finally, half an hour after we had all finished, a very substandard dish arrived as we were sulkily informed that we would not pay for it. I told her that it wasn’t the money but overlooking an order twice was unacceptable. Instead of apologising she was furious at the complaint and began shouting about how busy they were and repeating that we wouldn’t have to pay and did I want the order or not?!.
The whole evening was utterly ruined, it was stressful, embarrassing and all of our dishes were spoiled by waiting for his.
The only recompense was the removal of his dish from the bill. No apology to him at all or consolation ice cream, nothing. Utterly appalling service and bad attitude. It was nothing to do with the mistake, just the indignation and the way it was handled.
Beautiful sea views but average food and not worth the premium that is payed for the privilege.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

If you love your food Jamm Ja is the place to go. I have eaten at many restaurants in the past in Italy but have never experienced such traditional Ischitano cuisine. My 5 day visit at Ischia was spent returning to this restaurant and every time the food could never fault. I highly recommend this restaurant the owners are such beautiful loving people also. The pizza's are No# 1. Thank you so much Antonio & Karen from Australia

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We went here several times during our stay at Ischia. The food is delicious and the service is always kind and very obliging! We would totally recommend this place to everyone looking for great pizza, seafood or pasta!

Date of visit: October 2017