The running of this hotel is slap-dash and unorganised, but it does have its charms. Our room was clean, although the cupboard and shower door were broken, and we had a very large terrace area with great views. The hotel is a 10 - 15 minute walk into Forio (at least) but there seems to be a regular bus service. The manager gave us a free lift and discount tickets to the Negombo spa in Lacco Ameno which is well worth a day out. The free lift, however, consisted of squeezing four adults and three children into a 1990's style Fiat Punto. We appreciated the gesture all the same. Despite positive reviews we found the restaurant mediocre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Poggio del Sole provides everything you might need to make your vacation perfect. All rooms feature a private bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, personal safe, mini-refrigerator, air conditioning, heating, and internet wi-fi connection. Also available are fully serviced two bedroom apartments with small kitchenettes for 4-6 people. Each room boasts either a balcony or terrace with unobstructed views of the Mediterranean sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Poggio del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poggio Del Sole Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Hotel Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Isola D'Ischia/Forio, Italy