“Authentic Experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Authentic Experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you are looking for an authentic Italian island experience, this is the place for you. I heard of Poggio from some friends that stay there every year. The hotel is run by a family that makes you feel like part of their family. The complimentary breakfast is generous and delicious. The owners will shuttle you to and from their other hotel which has access to the sea via a beautiful lounge deck. The restaurant at the hotel is amazing. If you wanted to you could eat there every night and never be disappointed. In fact many guests do eat there every night. Forio is a gorgeous town worth visiting. This place is the perfect place to stay with amazing views and beautiful landscape. I had a great time with my friends and really relaxed and the Poggio played a part in our experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erin L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have never been in such family-warm and charming place in my entire life!
Collella family is fully devoted to the best service, impressions and comfort.
Since we arrived, there was a minor ambiguity, wich was hold in a perfect manner. There were nothing to spoil our vacation, only positive moments.
Once we needed a scooter to get to the sea and go through sightseeings. I asked signore Colella for an advise, where i can get a good one and then was given a scooter right in the hotel. It was a pleasure to find out, that i was not charged for that!
Due to our rest we were needed in transportation from time to time - never failed.
Also we were supported in our trip to Capri with a lots of information, transportation and assistans in getting tickets.
The restaurant is one of the best in Ischia! Marvellous grill-oven made an excellent fish and meat for us. It goes without saying, that the fish was extremely fresh.
There are a huge variety of pizza, which cooks in a special oven in the evenings.
Clams, bread, olive oil, house wine - whatever you take it gives you a pleasure!
The view from a rooms is the thing, that you can hardly forget! You will need nothing better, than a fascinating sunset at the balcony table, with some sparkling wine and fresh fruits...
Our room was nice, cosy and always fresh.
If you are quite lazy for reaching the sea, you can have a suntan or swim at the hotel terrase.
That was a briefly review.
When i go to the Ischia next time, i'll stay at Poggio del Sole!

Room Tip: The higer you get - the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nyatinsson
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place is a word -- Wonderful. Beautiful views of the mountains as well as the clear blue waters. The unique charm of this place is the that it is family run and they embrace you as one of their own. The restaurant was amazing, food was finger licking good and melt in your mouth. Guiseppe and his family took care of me and my mate so well and nothing was too much to ask. I can't say enough about this place and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Anu J
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place is paradise. Beautiful views, clean rooms, and amazing meals. The family is fantastic and a lot of fun! They will take care of you and treat you like family. I dream of going back here daily! Thank you for an amazing time on Ischia!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle J
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friend and me stayed in this beautiful hotel on the stunning island of Ischia in 2011.

The family who own the hotel are wonderful and take care of every possible need.

I had cooking lessons with the family and language lessons were also available. The restaurant is one of the best I have ever eaten in.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. One day I will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Island and we had the most beautiful sunset every evening.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kimberley D
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I wanted to spend a nice relaxing holiday in a relaxing place.
I checked the comments hence my expectations were high, but the holiday exceeded even my more optimistic expectations.
The place has a very nice view on the sunset in Forio. While we were there, it was even possible to see Ventotene Island and Ponza.
The food was delicious: I have eaten in my countries and places and without any doubt I can say that the cooking of ‘mamma Colella’ really belongs to the top.
The friendly and helpful family was always doing their best to let us feel well and I really felt as we were part of the family.
We were 3 adults (my dad, my wife and myself) and 4 kids (11, 9,6 and 1 year).
At the end of the holiday the full family agreed to get back to Ischia exactly in the same hotel in the future.

Room Tip: We were in the 207
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarDur1972
Consett, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay. If you're in Ischia, and need somewhere relaxing and friendly to stay you won't go wrong giving the Colella family a call! We were in Italy for a friends wedding, who had booked the entire party into the hotel and we had an exceptionally nice trip.

Fitting a large number of people into a small vehicle to be given a lift back to the hotel from the Spas was just another highlight of an unforgettable trip, although I don't recommend that if you have a fear of speed, sharp inclines, tiny spaces or are generally of a nervous temperament. (Although a testament to the owners dedication to his guests, driving us all over the island a lot of the time!)

Thank-you all very much, we wish you every success with you business, and hope that if we are ever back in Ischia, we will make another visit.

Chris & Jenny x

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view, I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheManorHouseInn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forio
Hotel La Ginestra
Hotel Residence Sant'Angelo
Hotel Residence Sant'Angelo
#1 of 15 in Sant'Angelo
Punta Chiarito Resort Hotel Ristorante

Been to Poggio del Sole? Share your experiences!