Nothing is too much to ask at this really unique place. Run by three brothers (Bepe, Lorenzo and Amarigo), mama Tina and papa Salvatore, the thing that really makes this place is the service and the delicious food! Home made bloody orange marmalade at breakfast was the best we have ever tasted. We asked for a cookery lesson on to how make ravioli and this was no problem at all - and they were so good I am salivating as I write this. The pizzas, seafood salad, roast rabbit, artichokes, stuffed courgette flowers and tiramisu - all amazing. My husband is Italian so we know a thing or two about Italian food. The brothers shuttle you around to the beach, thermal springs or wherever you want to go.
We are a family with two boys aged 2 and 5yrs. There is a small pool and pleasant lounge area with jacuzzi. Our boys spent all day playing around here as the water in the jacuzzi was lovely and warm. Our room was cleaned every day and the views from our private terrace were fantastic. You really feel at home at this place and it is great value. We have travelled to many places all over the world and we have stayed in all sorts of places; from simple bungalows/ guesthouses on Thai beaches to the Four Seasons hotels in places such as Mauritius and Florence. This place is so charming- we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Poggio del Sole provides everything you might need to make your vacation perfect. All rooms feature a private bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, personal safe, mini-refrigerator, air conditioning, heating, and internet wi-fi connection. Also available are fully serviced two bedroom apartments with small kitchenettes for 4-6 people. Each room boasts either a balcony or terrace with unobstructed views of the Mediterranean sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Poggio del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poggio Del Sole Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Hotel Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Isola D'Ischia/Forio, Italy