“Wonderful first meal!”

Ranked #37 of 121 Restaurants in Forio
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lovely restaurant situated on the port of Forio.Fish speciality on the grill,rabbit and delicious pizza cooked in wood owen.
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

We arrived at Forio late in the afternoon after 24 hours of plane travel and wanted a nice simple early supper before getting some rest. We happened upon this nice man sitting on his patio around 6:00 getting ready to open for the evening. After perusing his menu, we asked if he was able to serve us or if we were too early and he hopped up and welcomed us in. We had a great little table on a great little patio all to ourselves, ordered caprese salad, seafood risotto, spaghetti with lemon cream sauce. They brought us bottled water, bread with oil and vinegar.
We’re Canadian and speak very little Italian. In the few shops that we went into on the way to finding dinner, we found it difficult to communicate, but at La Busso, although they spoke very broken English and we were not able to do any Italian, it still worked and their servers were very friendly, professional, helpful.
The Caprese salad was absolutely amazing, as was the spaghetti with lemon sauce. The risotto was “ok”, but could have been cooked longer. It was still flavourful and FULL of mussels, octopus, shrimp, calamari. Dinner for 2 was 36€. We will be back when we’re rested and able to spend more time!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We chose this restaurant after a 'walk by' of those open along the front at Forio quite early in the season, for a birthday lunch. We sat outside and and enjoyed soup starters (tomato for me, lentil for husband) then shared a fresh red mullet between us, grilled then filleted at the table for us and served with a simple sauce of oil, garlic, lemon and parsley. It was delicious. The owner and staff are serious and diligent, and we weren't hurried out as we enjoyed the rest of our house wine in the sun. The meal was not expensive, considering we had fresh fish which can be a budget-beater when charged by weight. On the strength of this experience, we returned on our final day on Ischia. It was less warm and we sat in a covered area. The starters were less memorable - the minestrone lacked flavour in the stock compared with the intense flavour of the tomato soup I had had on our first visit and my husband had an enormous selection of bland, fried, dumpling-type items, many of which we stowed and took away with us. However, the seafood risotto we both chose more than made up for the disappointing starters. It was rich in flavour with a range of shellfish, squid and prawns - delicious. Again, with a flagon of house wine, not expensive.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We are here on a day trip to Forio from Ischia Ponte! We had walked up to to the church on the hill behind this strip of restaurants and needed some fuel before Mortella Gardens! This did the trick! Fabulous pasta -ragu and seafood - both delicious!! The pizzas on the other tables looked good too! A great experience which we would repeat when next in Forio!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

La Bussola is a wonderful restaurant by the coast in Forio, On the Island of Ischia!
It was a very windy evening when we arrived so we were enticed into this restaurant by its ambience. We sat near the door and were able to change due to the cold wind coming through the door. We ordered pizza. I have to say that this restaurant offer a wide variety of interesting pizzas, with combinations I have never heard of or seen before! A very large variety. I decided to choose something different and went for the salmin with lemon, onion and capers but I did regret it, it was very strange and made me feel a little sick. Its not something I would ever order again. The fries were amazing and the service was very good. We shared a nutella cheesecake which was amazing and we ordered a bottle of white wine (Falanghia) which was also lovely!
We stayed quite a while and were not forced out. Would definitely return!
I did feel bad for the fish and the lobster in the small fish tank! :(

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018

I visited for an early dinner on a Saturday in February at the recommendation of my guide and had a great meal. A warm welcome and large menu greeted me at this centrally located restaurant. I had 2 courses and the portions were plentiful. I enjoyed the best homemade Gnocchi which were lite as a feather. It inspired me to make them fresh at home when I returned. Very happy to recommend and return to this establishment.

Date of visit: February 2018