All reviews chandelier restaurant private cove lacco ameno five star hotel leading hotels piano bar our honeymoon overlooking the sea hotels around the world clear water free shuttle views are stunning breakfast buffet is main building large pool la mortella golf buggy
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending 5 nights with our family here over the month of June. The food, the service and the accommodations were enjoyed by all! Lucca, the manager at the restaurant down at the pool, went above and beyond to accommodate a very special birthday dinner. We loved waking up every morning and gazing out over the ocean! A Great breakfast was included with our stay, we also enjoyed the sunset cocktails by Massimo. Let’s not also forget Georgio at the pool who made sure our chairs were set up everyday and that we had plenty of towels for the kids. I love this place and hope to return soon.

Kind Regards,
Stacey Allen and the Deutchman & Goldstein Family.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is superb. We are not checking out until tomorrow afternoon, but I wanted to get my thoughts down on paper before we leave as this hotel is very special.
My boyfriend and I stayed here to finish off a two week holiday through Italy, from Tuscany to Amalfi, and Mezzatorre - and Ischia itself - has utterly exceeded expectations. Firstly; the location is stunning. We weren't sure what to expect when we arrived at the hotel, as the driver who met us off the ferry from Naples was charming but spoke no English, and my Italian is embarrassing, but we were not disappointed. The location is insanely beautiful - set into a steep cliff, the hotel is arranged around a beautiful private bay with the clearest water imaginable.
I haven't encountered service like this in a long time. It's proper old-school style 5* - like the Ritz in London - immaculate staff and a ratio of about 5:1 which meant that we haven't had to lift a finger our entire stay, but it's not obnoxiously full-on like some of the newer 5* hotels around the world.
The food is superb and beyond the basics (e.g. a superb wine list with some stonking Provençal rosé for €50 a bottle as well as a treasure trove of well priced Italian gems) all the little things that really matter are here, too. The attention to detail is outstanding. Beautiful antique silver cutlery and lovely glassware. Chilled wine glasses. Proper poolside service and beautifully executed staffing with tact and discretion. An impromptu request to have dinner on an isolated terrace at the back of the hotel was fulfilled with aplomb. Nothing feels too much trouble.
On the improvements side, the rooms are excellent quality (masses of marble in the bathrooms, extremely comfortable beds and frette linen) but feel quite tired, although the standard of housekeeping is high. We were in one of the classic sea view rooms and it was lovely but definitely could do with a refurb in the next year or so. Bathroom was ok but very small. Lots of very '90s style touches like phone on wall by loo! But I actually loved the decor.
Wifi was decent throughout, if that's important to you, ans it's free. The place never felt over crowded - plenty of sun beds and tables at both lunch and dinner. Other guests an interesting mix of people, lots of couples on honeymoon but a few children and families too.
Food is sublime - the breakfast is generous and excellent quality, coffee is good and meals at both restaurants could hold their own against any good place in London in my opinion. Nothing groundbreaking but executed with precision and flawless attention to detail. Pasta very fresh and cooked with great skill and care. Gnocci silky and light in texture, and superb ingredients sourced locally.
Overall I was extremely pleasantly surprised. A rare gem, and a bastion of the dying breed of truly first class hotels. You can probably tell how much I liked it from the weirdly lengthy review!
It's not flashy at all (no iPads in rooms etc) but I loved it all the more for it. This is luxury at its best: unobtrusive and unspoilt. Also, cracking value for the quality! Will definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DirIschia, Direttore generale at Mezzatorre Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Madam,,

We appreciate very much your nice comments regarding your stay at Mezzatorre Resort & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in a near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

What a beautiful and relaxing hotel. The grounds are breathtaking with views of the sea. The staff are most accommodating. The rooms are spacious and well maintained.

If you are looking to get away from civilization for a couple of days this is the place to go. You will not be disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! Yes Mezzatorre is the right place where to restore body and soul.

We look forwad to welcoming you here again.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a hotel with stunning views over the sea. Some of the rooms are in the main building but a few are in self contained bungalows/villas. The rooms are very comfortable and the service is second to none. In fact if I could give 6 stars for service I would. Everyone was genuinely kind and attentive-not because they were paid to do it. But I did hesitate between a 4 or 5 star. Firstly, the internet/Wi-fi is pretty rubbish, no coffee machines in any of the rooms, he aircon in our room wasn’t working-thankfully end of May so an open window was sufficient. The gym is dire and since it is quite ‘isolated’ they should have made a better effort rather than 1980 style equipment. Warning, it does have steep steep paths so you need to navigate with high heels

Trip type: Traveled with family

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mezzatorre Resort & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
With regard to the Wifi connection, I beg you to consider that in Ischia it is not easy to get the best connection. Furthermore during your stay there were failures on the ADSL line of Telecom that have created many problems. Neverthlees I am pleased to inform you that we are making relevant efforts to increase this service.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location, combined forest with sea, room was off the charts, the children adored their stay, and above all the service epitomised true Italian quality and genuine enthusiasm ... wish we could have stayed for a few more days!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
DirIschia, Direttore generale at Mezzatorre Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Mezzatorre!!

Mezzatorre Resort & Spa