“Best Pizza .. will take a lot of beating”

Pizzeria La Strambata
Ranked #35 of 121 Restaurants in Forio
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Went here on the first night in Forio - just wonderful pizza, so fresh.
Nice little place, always seemed busy, and I can see why.
We went a second time later in the week just to see if it beat the first impression.
If I return to Florio, I'd have no hesitation in going back, nothing to complain about at all food wise.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018

A dead-heat with Bella Napoli for the best pizzas in town. Wood-fired oven, good ingredients, nicely placed in a pleasant and lively pizza.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2016

We stopped for a late lunch - really good pizza, huge plates. Also ordered a side of fries, something we had been missing and a large portion came which we all picked at.

I didn't fancy pizza but was intrigued by one of the customers at a nearby table eating a salad. I ordered Insalata with Mozzarella and Tuna and was brought a huge salad in a bowl similar to the one I use at home for mixing cakes!

The staff were friendly, gracious about our attempts at Italian and happy to converse in English. Toilet facilities were clean but basic, as seems to often be the case on Ischia, I took to carrying around a roll of paper, wipes etc.

Of course, the best bit about La Strambata is the location, on the side of the square in Forio, with the world and his wife walking past, a perfect excuse to sit and people watch and soak up the atmosphere.

We had three large pizzas, one huge salad, a serving of fries, a beer and three mineral waters and the bill came to 39.50 Euros. Great value.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Best pizza I've had in Italy. They make fresh pizza in the middle of the city centre with a nice terrace where everyone walks by. The pizza i had was custom made and only cost me 6€ for a generous portion. I would eat there every time in Forio if I go again.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Lovely place on the main square. Had two great pizzas with a large jug of house wine. Friendly staff with a singing chef. Super place and good value.

Date of visit: August 2016