“Excellent Food - Why go anywhere else in Forio”
Review of La Casereccia

La Casereccia
Reserve with
La Casereccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Forio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food - Why go anywhere else in Forio”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a family run restaurant and part of the hotel I had the pleasure of staying in.

The restaurant is located in the shaded courtyard of the hotel and the atmosphere is extremely pleasant. Being family run the service and quality of food is excellent (authentic home cooked Italian at its best), and very reasonably priced as is the wine (carafe of local house wine was about 1.5€)

I tried a few other restaurants in Forio, but they really did not compare favourably at all.

The menu is fairly extensive, but do try the "Paccheri Cozze e Pecorino", it is out of this world.

• Visited August 2012

• Hungarian first
Edmonton, Canada
“The best food in the world”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the best food experience I have ever had. I was never disappointed with any dish I ate at the restaurant. And the family is the sweetest and make you feel so welcome. I recommend this restaurant to EVERYONE! (My recommendation is the chocolate souffle) I will definitely be back someday.

• Visited May 2012
Garden City, New York
“Great Dining in Forio isola d'ischia”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We, my wife and I, plus two of our friends had a fantastic time dining at the Collela family restaurant. We dined there every night for our entire 10 day stay. The food was fabulous. We tried just about everything on the menu and were never disappointed. My favorite appetizer was the "Pizza George", a taste delight by Lorenzo and my favorite pasta was the fettucine special of the house cooked to perfection by Mama Tina. We love the atmosphere, the wonderful Collela family who are there every night to serve you, Mama Tina, Papa Salvatore, Guiseppe, Lorenzo and Amerigo. They made us feel as welcome as family, from the warm Buona Sera when we came in to the Buona Noche when we left each night. We will be back.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Fantastic setting with excellent service and great food.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you are looking for authentic Italian food this is the place. La Casereccia was the best restuarant I went to my whole stay in Italy. The food is fabulous, from a mouthwatering pesto, to succulent veal, to a light lemon pasta, or a devilishly rich chocolate souffle you cannot go wrong with anything you order here! The staff is friendly, attentive and their hospitality is unmatched. At this family run restaurant the Colellas grow most of their own ingredients and everything is made fresh. I ate here most of my stay in Ischia and I was never disappointed. The ambiance, the food and the people can't be beat. Hope to be back someday soon :)

• Visited May 2012