“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Braceria Scacciaventi

Braceria Scacciaventi
Reserve with
Braceria Scacciaventi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Long Island, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate at Braceria Scacciaventi because of the good reviews and were not disappointed.

First don't make the mistake of going next door to Taverna Scacciaventi. We almost did. We loved Braceria Scacciaventi immediately on entering because of the wood fired grill in the back, with the chef in front and a huge cut of meat on the table, ready to be butchered -- very picturesque.

I didn't know what to order, so I left it up to the waitress, a lovely young lady (I didn't get her name). First we started with two amuse bouches and a glass of prosecco, that were gratis. What a lovely way to start. We ordered salad first -- very nice. Then we had the main course of a steak for my wife and a tagliatelle (sp?) that the waitress chose for me. It was smaller pieces of meat, with cheese on top. The two meals were accompanied by potatoes with rosemary. We loved the meal. The waitress also chose the wine for us, at our request. She ordered a bottle of local Racemus red wine -- delicious. We didn't tell her a price, so she could have chosen anything, but the prices were very reasonable. €18 for the bottle of wine and only €75 for the entire meal. Wow!

We wholeheartedly endorse this restaurant and hope you'll visit when you're in Cava de Tirenni.

• Visited September 2013

Milan, Italy
“A pleasant adventure in the typical regional food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good, good, good!!
I was invited there from some dear friends and the menu that they chose for the dinner was amazing.
The food was excellent, we eat so many different courses and all of them were great.
We had as appetisers some small fried fishes, the local mozzarella of buffalo, some small pizzas made with a typical regional receipt, a fish salad, a sort of parmigiana made with fish, an octopus salad and some many other different dishes that I can't even remember, but for sure I have fond memories of all of them.
As pasta we had two local specialties: handmade pasta with beans and mussels and the pasta with the potatoes. I couldn't even imagine that this last kind pasta could be so good!
The main courses of fish were wonderful ( a mixture of fried fish and then a big fish cooked in the oven), actually the fish was very fresh and tasty.
At that point I was so full that I couldn't eat any other things, I just tried a fabulous cake named " caprese", a traditional delicatessen of this Italian region, made with an innovative receipt based on lemon,instead of the traditional chocolate.
The service was friendly, polite and quick.
The atmosphere was pleasant, our table was outside under the arches, and they view of the old road were the restaurant is located was an additional plus.
I'm not able to judge the price/ quality ratio because I was invited from my friends.
Now I'm looking forward to go back there soon!

• Visited June 2013