“Great food with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Rispoli

Casa Rispoli
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cucina tradizionale con un pizzico di innovazione e rivisitazione. Presenti sulle piu importanti guide di Cucina (Gambero Rosso, Le Guide de L'Espresso, Il Mattina e la Repubblica)
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great food with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited the restaurant 3 times during our stay in Cava and have been pleasantly surprised each time. The food is excellent and makes use of local, fresh products (the raw gamberetti with stracciatella di buffola is highly recommended!)Service and staff were very helpfull and spoke several tongues, making life easier as a tourist :). Last time we visited we had some special requests, none of them were an issue and they did not cost us a € more.
For a meal like this, you easily pay double the price in Belgium so make sure you drop by when you can.

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Delicious food and very helpful owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went here and had a delicious three course meal! I do not speak any Italian, so the owner translated everything on the menu for me to the best of his ability. He was so incredibly helpful and pleasant! The food was delicious! It was obvious that the food was prepared by people who really care- the presentation and quality was great! All three courses were perfect and so was the tiramisu!

• Visited December 2012
Barbados
“A GREAT surprise in a surprising town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having booked our hotel in the wrong city (Viette sul Mar) we had no idea of this area and had done no research. Our hotel recommended going to Cava de' Terreni and highly recommended Casa Rispoli. All I can say to begin is, "WOW". Cava de' Terreni was a total surprise with it's long pedestrian mall and Casa Rispoli took it up a notch or two.

The food was amazing - fabulous fish but the wine (expertly paired) was absolutely perfect. The service was the best we had on this trip (and we had no bad service) and the staff (related) were very friendly.

We seldom return to the same restaurant on trips as we like to experience different foods and styles but this time there was no hestitation and we booked our next dinner before leaving.

Our second experience topped the first. As I read the other reviews here - they are very consistent. This is a great restaurant and I have no hesitation of giving it 5 stars across the board (which I do not think I have done before).

Well done!

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited this restaurant twice and both times it was fantastic. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the food is delicious. My visits were a month apart yet the staff recognised me and even remembered which main course I had ordered the first time. Prices are higher than most places I ate but it was well worth the money and the wine I had was gorgeous. Puddings are interesting and not just an after thought. It was nice to see a varied menu not just focusing on pizza or pasta. I can't recommend this enough!

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ITALY! POSSIBLY THE WORLD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I got back from an amazing trip to Italy a couple of weeks ago. Although there were so many great experiences, the one that really stood out was the food and service of this restaurant. I’ve been in the restaurant industry at a high level for a very high profile chef for the last 10 years and I can truly say this restaurant captures what eating out is all about.

When we arrived for a table (quite early) for a pre-dinner drink we were greeted straight away by a young chap, who I am sorry but forgot his name (too much Brunello di Montalcino possibly!) however, he was superb all night, it would be worth going just for his level of service never mind the food. As we were early we were offered some complimentary prosecco while he went back to join his family eating there dinner before service, it was brilliant to see a family enjoying their food before looking after the nights guests.

The food was simply amazing, real hearty Italian cooking, I had 5 starters! Yes 5, they just kept bringing me food, I was in heaven! The wine was served at the absolute perfect temperature. The main course was one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth! Then the dessert, what can I say the reconstructed version of tiramisu, hot coffee served on the side to pour over the cold mascarpone and sweet sponge with a hint of alcohol all melting together. No doubt in my mind the best I’ve tasted.

One of the truly most amazing parts of the night though was at around 10pm, all the locals were out in force and all queuing to get a table at this restaurant, people actually stood and waited for at least 45 minutes, just incredible, this just goes to show how good this place is. It was a Wednesday nights, the place was packed!

The Michelin guide states that a restaurant that serves "exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey" should be rated 3 stars, well this is a restaurant that serves exceptional cuisine and is worth a special journey. I would therefore say this restaurant is worthy of 3 stars, but that would only ruin the absolute delight of being served real Italian food with real Italian service in a real family run Italian restaurant at a fantastic price.
I will certainly be trying my best to get out to this region again even for just one night to enjoy what the hospitality industry is all about.
A must must visit.

Thank you all for making my holiday!

• Visited August 2012