“Another Great Stay”

Hotel Victoria Maiorino
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Victoria was outstanding yet again, excellent service; friendly and supportive staff; good local regional food; well maintained; clean rooms with two changes of linen per day; car parking excellent;

good local information / trips etc

Will be back again later in the year

Use local trains great service
Tony, Rita & Family

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AMPretty
There are newer reviews for Hotel Victoria Maiorino

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nicely situated just outside of crowded Sorrento and Positano.
Nice people. Good breakfast. Great value.
Nice little town too.
Great pizza!
If you are looking for a great deal near the Amalfi coast you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Yes, I visited this hotel again recently and stayed for 3 nights. What can I say, they have listened to the 'tripadvisors" and up'd their game. This combined with the fact that they have a chain hotel competitor (Holiday Inn) on the edge of town that was probably taking a lot of their business.

On my latest trip to this hotel, I was in the area visiting friends and family. The whole experience was an improvement on the last time I was here, from the room quality, to the service. The hotel owner and staff couldn't do enough for me.

As the underground garage was out of use whilst I was there, I was able to use the rear area for the hotel to park my hire car. I could walk straight in to the hotel through the back entrance. The room I was allocated on this occasion was very good. More than just a room, it had a separate office/dressing room table area, which had a dividing wall and door. The shower/wash room area was also clean and functional. There was a nice double bed (although I was traveling solo) and there was also a balcony area with a view to the rear of the property (you can even see the mountains). It was March, so it was still cold outside. However, the heating was left on, so the room was never cold. The free wi-fi worked fine, although not super fast.

As per my last review. This hotel is not a modern hotel, so may not be appropriate for anyone looking for a hi tech modern hotel room. However, my view on this hotel has softened since last time. I now quite like the "classic" furniture. The stand alone quality wood wardrobe (not a piece of MDF in sight) was very endearing. When the wardrobe door was opened, there was a ball of lavender potpourri hanging up, which created a lovely smell.

The inclusive breakfast was very good. Not a massive amount of choice, but plenty of what was available. There was a hot selection (bacon, eggs, etc) and a the usual continental fare (bread and cake products), as well as fruit and yogurt.

Conclusion:

I still say that this is the best place to stay In Cava De'Tirreni, because of it's central location. You cannot get better. However, the rooms and service have improved since the last time I was here and along with a competitive room rate, makes this hotel the only choice for me, when staying in Cava. Well done to the staff of Victoria Maiorino for improving your standards.

FYI - I have no connection with the owners/management of this hotel. This review is completely unbiased and independent.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Soloman2k
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have a connection with this town, as my mother came from here and I still have plenty of relatives here, so I know the area well.

This hotel has always been the main hotel in town. You cannot get a better location than this hotel, which is steps away from the main old town commercial centre. The decor of the hotel is very traditional Italian with high reception rooms and marble floors/stairs etc. The room sizes are average for an Italian hotel (not big). The bathrooms are OK and functional, nothing too fancy. If this hotel had some money spent on it to bring it up to date, it would make it the only choice for a hotel stay in Cava.

If you are driving to this hotel, the added bonus is that they have a free gated car park, with an entrance in a road at the side of the hotel. This is a big plus, as parking in central Cava is not easy without paying a premium. Also, if you arrive in Cava by train, this hotel is a short walking distance from the train station.

I have stayed here many times and have always found the staff to be courteous enough, although the service is not exceptionable. The breakfast is sufficient and pretty much average by Italian standards (generally Italians don't "do" breakfast), with a small variety of choices.

In conclusion. Holiday Inn have recently built a new modern hotel on the edge of town (a long walk), which looks very nice. However, I would always choose this hotel first. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel and I will not give a distorted view, by saying it is the best hotel ever. The bottom line is that the room prices are reasonable, the rooms are clean and you cannot beat the central location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Soloman2k
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a very comfortable stay at the Victoria Maiorino which we had found from TripAdvisor recommendations. The staff were particularly friendly and the room very clean, with towels replaced twice a day - which I thought a very good sign.

Dinner on the terrace behind the hotel was very good, both food and service, and extremely good value.

I would certainly recommend the hotel as a base for touring Salerno, Paestum, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Herculaneum. Cava is a very pleasant town and conveniently close to the motorway - which actually runs through the middle of the town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rexie
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have clients from the UK in town every month and I always put them book them into the Hotel Maiorino. I have met at least a hundred clients downstairs at the desk but never saw the rooms. I won a weekend at the hotel at a local charity event. The rooms were great, clean and large. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful and tasty. I have lived in the area for ten years and I know it is the only hotel in town that anyone who lives here would recommend. The new Holiday Inn next to the autostrada is no where near the center of town and is so sterile and not Italian

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MichaelEarley
Reviewed May 7, 2011

a very comfortable stay at the Victoria Maiorino last week. We asked for a room with twin beds and were very pleased to find our room had a lounge so we effectively had a room each. Gracious and helpful service from the moment we arrived, and a generous breakfast spread with so much cake it was almost like afternoon tea! A good base for us to visit a particular restaurant in Cava and also Pompeii as a day trip.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cava De' Tirreni
Hotel Scapolatiello
Hotel Scapolatiello
#2 of 4 in Cava De' Tirreni
Holiday Inn Salerno-Cava De' Tirreni
Holiday Inn Salerno-Cava De' Tir...
#1 of 4 in Cava De' Tirreni
Villa Poseidon - Boutique Hotel & Events
Relais Paradiso
Relais Paradiso
#3 of 7 in Vietri sul Mare

Been to Hotel Victoria Maiorino? Share your experiences!