Spent a week at the beginning of October at the Hotel and had a wonderful time. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the views are stunning from the rooms and the terrace. The only negatives I would mention are the plumbing which can be a little noisy so you may be disturbed occasionally by your next door neighbours. Also the breakfast is slightly limited (rolls and croissants) and can be a bit boring after a few days, although we did ask for boiled eggs and they were happy to oblige at no extra cost.
These grumbles aside we had a wonderful time. Ravello is only 20 minutes walk away and Amalfi a 25 minute bus ride from the village square. We caught a boat from Amalfi and spent a wonderful day in Positano. You can also get boats from Amalfi to Capri, Ischia and Procida.
The staff were very helpful with ideas and information. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Nothing fancy, just traditional Italian food cooked well and it was nice to have lunch on the terrace overlooking the pool. Speaking of the pool, it is not heated but we were happy to swim in it in early October. However if you like your pool hot it might be better to visit in the summer.
All in all a wonderful stay. We will return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built, with every modern comfort, the Hotel "La Margherita - Villa Giuseppina" is situated in Scala the heart of the Amalfi Coast, between Amalfi and Ravello.Open the whole year round. All rooms with private shower and balcony. Central heating. Large terraces for sunbathing. Swimming pool and solarium. Family management. Very reasonable prices. Excellent cooking. Own parking ground. us connections during the day. The hotel is situated in a prticulary quiet position, away from the traffic noise. It is the right place for a perfect stay and relaxing holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Margherita Villa Giuseppina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Hotel Scala
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Scala, Italy - Amalfi Coast