“Wonderful experience, wonderful host...”
Review of Palazzo Verone

Palazzo Verone
Ranked #4 of 12 Scala B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I cannot begin to thank Michele enough for his warm, genuine hospitality. Palazzo Verone is truly a wonderful place!

Unfortunately I became VERY ill on my trip from Rome to Amalfi. By the time I reached Palazzo Verone I was running a very high fever and very sick. Michele went above and beyond to make me as comfortable as possible. Upon arrival he immediately made me lemonade from his special Amalfi lemons, handed me Vicks Vapor Rub, and offered to run to the pharmacy to get me anything I needed.

Over the course of the next few days Michele continued to look after me and even called his doctor for a house call to come and see me. He really went out of his way to make sure I was ok. Also, while I was sick in bed he played tour guide to my boyfriend showing him all the lovely things Ravello and Pontone have to offer. This made me genuinely happy as my boyfriend otherwise would have been sitting, twiddling his thumbs waiting for me to get better. He showed my boyfriend a wonderful time, taking him to a local party and to the Ravello music festival. My boyfriend is still singing Michele's "Pontone song".

Overall we spent 3 weeks in Italy. Our time at Palazzo Verone was an absolute highlight (even being sick). I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. We plan on going back very soon to visit Michele.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely. The whole property is just perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Palazzo Verone is in one of the most idyllic locations in the world - stunning views over the Amalfi Coast in a quiet piece of paradise.
The rooms are light, breezy and very comfortable, equipped with all you need for your holiday.
Breakfast is a fresh and tasty selection of fruit, home made preserves, tea and coffee all served by the terrific host Michele.
For any activities, restaurant recommendations and any other tips Michele is a wealth of information and will point you in the right direction.
We had a beautiful stay and would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great B&B. The Palazzo is beautiful. There are original fresco's on the ceiling and the view from the house towards the sea is breathtaking. From the B&B you can take a walk (1000 steps down) to Amalfi.
Michele, the owner of the B&B is very friendly and makes you feel at home. He is a musician and we had the honour to be invited for a party at his house. This was fantastic. There were several very good musicians performing. It was great to be part of this happening.
We realy enjoyed our stay at this B&B and we will definately come back one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2012

When we arrived at Pontone, Michele, the owner of the wonderful Palazzo Verone, was there to take care of our parking and took us up the steps to this amazing place. We were welcomed with freshly made limejuice and a thorough explanation of the history of his family home. This completely renovated old mansion is overlooking the Amalfi coast. A breathtaking view from the main room and two bedrooms. Michele is the perfect host and entertainer. Imagine waking up and having breakfast with live guitar music....He makes you feel at home immediatey and gives you all details and tips to complete your stay at Amalfi. We enjoyed the extreme good service, the hygene of the rooms, and the musical entertainment.
The 1000 steps foodpath down to Amalfi starts from here. We found it the place to be to discover all the amazing historical places around the coastal area!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The view from Palazzo Verone is one of breathtaking beauty - so high up, on the level of the horizon, the whole vast openness of the sea and the mountains around with the terraced lemon plantations are simply magical. Peaceful and quiet, inspiring and exhilarating ! Never mind the 1000 stairs up or down - they just help you even more to get into that special mood of exploring and discovery. Lovely rooms, clean and with all that you need. Perfect breakfast in the beautiful salon, perfect hospitality and tips from Michele. A place one will certainly want to return to!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We were recommended to go here by our B&B hosts in Venice. They say it was a very romantic place and indeed it is as we got engaged here. This is a very special place to stay in the Amalfi coast. Lovely view to the coast. Rooms were massive. Host was excellent always gave us good recommendations. He invited us to concerts as he is a musician. It is highly recommended. Just know you have to be fit or willing to be fit, as there is lots of walking and steps to get to places around here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed there 3 days in August. Michele, the owner, has been incredibly nice at welcoming us with fresh lemonade, spending time showing us where to go and what to do.
Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, location is convenient, situated in the middle of a small village attached to Scala (approx. 200 steps to reach the place though), with a beautiful view over the valley. A very nice and relaxing experience

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple