“Hotel I Gigli” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Nola
Blagnac, Midi-Pyrenees, France
“Hotel I Gigli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Travelled to many countries this year and stayed at many high class hotels, but they all lack the warmth and pesonal approach of this hotel, when i arrived they knew my name, and after a night or so they knew my expectations - staff are a great asset to this hotel. Room was large and spotless, Bed is great and the aircon is perfect...the windows have a shutter type design so you can let air in without the light, bottled water in the fridge, TV had Sky, great internet access and free, unlike most German hotels. Breakfast is a typical cold Italian buffet, but you can order (free) anything you wish,,the scambled eggs are superb and do not forget the fresh Coffee.... The restruant menu is superb, fresh food and at great prices, the staff will ask you what you prefer and offer suggestions..all fresh. They will pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel at a lot lower rate than normal taxis. The hotel has its own, very large pool, which in the summer is great to take a dip or to just relax with a Gin and Tonic..Nola is a typical Italian village, lots of shops, train station and CAFE bars.....if you want a hotel with a family feel, this is the one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had a ball at a venue close to hotel. After the ball we turned the lounge that was full of nice leather sofas to our after party spot, we stayed up to the wee hours we were left alone this worked out as a great spot for the after party Nola is not a hot spot for tourist I thought for Naples it was very clean and a nice spot. I would never stay here for tourist reasons. But the price was right and did the job. Breakfast was standard pastry juice coffee. Room was huge and staff was friendly spoke a good amount of English . Also parking was not a issue. We did not use public transit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank utseabeewife
hoteligigli, Direttore at Hotel I Gigli, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay by us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon as soon as possible.
We assure you of our best attention at all times.
Very truly yours
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Nola is not an ideal place to visit. It is not very interesting or clean. This hotel was amazing considering what it looks like from the street. It is very close to some good restaurants and a train station. The restaurant in the hotel is adequate and for Americans, very confusing when ordering. It helped that one of us spoke Italian but I would recommend that when ordering food you are clear about what you want. Great bar, great coffee and a decent breakfast. Nice pool, especially after a hot day. I would stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator. The open patio door at the other end lets heat and bugs in that mi...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MattyGesu
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

We traveled to the Hotel I Gigli using it as a homebase for our trip to Pompeii. The hotel is in an area that is pretty dirty even by Italian standards, and has very little around to do. We weren't able to find many places to eat other than one restaurant that was packed and ended up eating back at the hotel which was pretty decent food overall. The hotel has a beautiful area around the pool, however it wasn't in use by anyone even during the summer. The positives were that we had free parking inside of the gates, had free Internet access, and the hotel was very nice inside. The negatives were that the receptionist that greeted us was rude and seemed to be extremely disturbed by us being there. That being said, some of the others were great...so I am sure it was just one person. The breakfast by even European standards was poor, we didn't even go down the last day. Also as said earlier, we had our own car otherwise the location isn't very good at all. I never felt threatened or anything...just seemed like a filthy area with trash everywhere. That all being said, it served it's purpose as a decent place to use as a home base to explore Pompeii.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooterpie77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nola
Palazzo Giordano Bruno
Hotel Il Giardino Degli Aranci
BEST WESTERN Hotel Ferrari
BEST WESTERN Hotel Ferrari
#1 of 1 in San Vitaliano

Been to Hotel I Gigli? Share your experiences!