“Great Choice for our Family”
Review of Hotel Santa Lucia

Hotel Santa Lucia
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Minori
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here a year ago, as a family of two adults and two teens. The price was great and the room was sufficient. We had a room that faced the street with a small balcony. Hubby and I shared a queen and the kids had a bunk bed. Breakfast was meh, but it was fine. Minori is one of the smaller towns on the Amalfi Coast, but it was quiet and not crowded with tourists. We were able to take the bus to Amalfi and any other towns we wanted.

Staff was easy to work with. They always responded quickly to my emails and helped us set up a couple of tours. Rooms were small but always clean. Wifi was spotty in rooms, so I went down to the lobby. The mail lobby computer was not user friendly and at one pint I was not sure if it was because one of the staff cut off access and wanted us to pay to use it. It was unclear, but did not cause any big issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2014

As a young couple staying on the Amalfi coast this hotel was perfect. A bus journey away from Amalfi, however, the seaside by the hotel is also lovely. It's quiet, cheap to purchase an umbrella and the sea is relatively clean. The food at the restaurant was amazing, with an excellent choice. The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly. They helped us with excursions. There was a wide range of choices from Capri, Pompeii, Paestum, Vesuvius etc. Simply had to ask and they were happy to help. The room was perfect, cleaned daily with fresh towels and bedding. Satellite tv and a radio in the wall, the wifi was cheap also! This hotel and its staff were perfect! Would definitely come back, we had a lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucianaAngelo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Will definitely return. Very convenient for other locations on the Amalfi coast and Minori a delightful place in itself, relaxing and quieter than the tourist resorts. Staff very friendly, room comfortable and good food. Eccellente!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I love to travel around Italy, as it's one of our favorite countries! We took a flight from Canada to Rome and then a relaxing bus ride into Minori. Although the bus ride took around 4 hours, it was relaxing and the views from the window were great. I listened to my music and stared out the window, taking it all in. The 4 hours flew by and I was more than happy to sit and watch the coastal towns before our stop in Minori. I didn't know what to expect quite frankly. As you may know, hotels in Europe are not the same as in North America. The reception or our travel agent made a mistake and we stayed in one of the apartments they have at the hotel for 2 nights. It was massive and you could easily sleep four to five people in there. I felt like one of the locals, and it was peaceful and quiet with a huge kitchen- although we didn't use it. The reception was very nice and we spoke to them in Italian or French and they always helped us get around the area with the buses and walking to Ravello, Maiori and Amalfi- which I will discuss later. The restaurant was delicious. We loved having dinner there and the service was great, good choices if you don't eat fish or meat too. Salvatore and his staff were eager to please, genuine and caring. The breakfast was basic. Toast, café and jams and cheeses and some other stuff, that I can't recall- sorry!
My husband and I were pleased with the room at the hotel. The shower had good pressure and was small, but we got used to it, and was always clean. I always bring my own hairdryer when I travel.... We had a cute little balcony facing the front of the hotel and sometimes it was noisy at 10 or 11 pm but nothing that disruptive. My biggest complaint would be the stinky diesel gas from the bikes and the cars, but that is everywhere across the country, so you just need to tolerate and accept it.
We took the steps one day to Ravello- what a beautiful hike, amazing views, farms and cute villas, cute cats and some dogs that belong to the locals were entertaining too! Ravello is a must-see, beautiful streets and phenomenal restaurants, and several beautiful attractions.
Our hotel was a 3 minute walk to the beach, where you can pay for chairs and umbrellas. Ravello is a 1-1.5 hour hike up the stairs across from the Santa Lucia hotel, and you can walk 15-20 mins to Minori where there are some cute restaurants, a boardwalk and beautiful beaches too but Minori is more subdued and relaxed than Minori, in my opinion.
My husband and I walked along the roads to Amalfi which was insane and I don't recommend doing this- just take the bus! The bus station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there are tons of connections from Amalfi (20 min bus ride). You can connect to Capri, Ischia, and Positano. Amalfi has beautiful beaches and amazing restaurants too!
I can not wait to return to the Santa Lucia- amazing staff, clean and friendly, and good food and great central location (tons of restaurants to choose from for lunch or dinner too and not terribly expensive) to continue exploring the amalfi coast.
My husband and I did not rent a car, and I don't think it's necessary unless you would like to drive to some surrounding places like Caserta or Avellino. We stayed June 2013-July 2013 and it was one of our favorite vacations ever!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the back of the hotel on the higher floors because they are quieter and more rom...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank skornitz
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very happy every time we stay at Santa Lucia. Traditional italian setting. Can't wait to come again.
***eccellente***
Go for the feast day for Minori on 13th July great celebrations and fireworks at the beach at 12pm

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hayleigh123
Reviewed December 30, 2013

All hotels on Amalfi coast are very expensive, so be ready to pay hundreds of euro for average service. Also you need to pay for parking additional fee which is very expensive too

Clean room with balcony.
Ancient hairdryer which reminds an old vacuum cleaner -> it's recommended to take your own one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larissa T
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found this hotel on an offchance of just wandering around close to the bus station looking for somewhere to stay. Were very happy with our choice of a back room looking onto other buildings and a small alley. After reading other reviews about noisy street noise, we obviously chose well.
However, during the night an awful, strange and very loud noise which carried on intermittently for about 30 minutes was quite worrying. (I honestly thought that there was an avalanche outside) Silly me. When enquring at breakfast we were told that it was some sort of fireworks display festival. Great little family run hotel and would definitely return to Minori and the Hotel Santa Lucia one day.

Room Tip: back facing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dumps
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minori
Villa Romana Hotel & Spa
#2 of 17 in Maiori
Hotel Europa
Hotel Europa
#7 of 7 in Minori

Been to Hotel Santa Lucia? Share your experiences!