“If you want a quiet, relaxing, authentic Amalfi coast experience with good food and good service come here!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Santa Lucia

Hotel Santa Lucia
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Minori
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I love to travel around Italy, as it's one of our favorite countries! We took a flight from Canada to Rome and then a relaxing bus ride into Minori. Although the bus ride took around 4 hours, it was relaxing and the views from the window were great. I listened to my music and stared out the window, taking it all in. The 4 hours flew by and I was more than happy to sit and watch the coastal towns before our stop in Minori. I didn't know what to expect quite frankly. As you may know, hotels in Europe are not the same as in North America. The reception or our travel agent made a mistake and we stayed in one of the apartments they have at the hotel for 2 nights. It was massive and you could easily sleep four to five people in there. I felt like one of the locals, and it was peaceful and quiet with a huge kitchen- although we didn't use it. The reception was very nice and we spoke to them in Italian or French and they always helped us get around the area with the buses and walking to Ravello, Maiori and Amalfi- which I will discuss later. The restaurant was delicious. We loved having dinner there and the service was great, good choices if you don't eat fish or meat too. Salvatore and his staff were eager to please, genuine and caring. The breakfast was basic. Toast, café and jams and cheeses and some other stuff, that I can't recall- sorry!
My husband and I were pleased with the room at the hotel. The shower had good pressure and was small, but we got used to it, and was always clean. I always bring my own hairdryer when I travel.... We had a cute little balcony facing the front of the hotel and sometimes it was noisy at 10 or 11 pm but nothing that disruptive. My biggest complaint would be the stinky diesel gas from the bikes and the cars, but that is everywhere across the country, so you just need to tolerate and accept it.
We took the steps one day to Ravello- what a beautiful hike, amazing views, farms and cute villas, cute cats and some dogs that belong to the locals were entertaining too! Ravello is a must-see, beautiful streets and phenomenal restaurants, and several beautiful attractions.
Our hotel was a 3 minute walk to the beach, where you can pay for chairs and umbrellas. Ravello is a 1-1.5 hour hike up the stairs across from the Santa Lucia hotel, and you can walk 15-20 mins to Minori where there are some cute restaurants, a boardwalk and beautiful beaches too but Minori is more subdued and relaxed than Minori, in my opinion.
My husband and I walked along the roads to Amalfi which was insane and I don't recommend doing this- just take the bus! The bus station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there are tons of connections from Amalfi (20 min bus ride). You can connect to Capri, Ischia, and Positano. Amalfi has beautiful beaches and amazing restaurants too!
I can not wait to return to the Santa Lucia- amazing staff, clean and friendly, and good food and great central location (tons of restaurants to choose from for lunch or dinner too and not terribly expensive) to continue exploring the amalfi coast.
My husband and I did not rent a car, and I don't think it's necessary unless you would like to drive to some surrounding places like Caserta or Avellino. We stayed June 2013-July 2013 and it was one of our favorite vacations ever!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the back of the hotel on the higher floors because they are quieter and more rom...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank skornitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very happy every time we stay at Santa Lucia. Traditional italian setting. Can't wait to come again.
***eccellente***
Go for the feast day for Minori on 13th July great celebrations and fireworks at the beach at 12pm

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hayleigh123
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

All hotels on Amalfi coast are very expensive, so be ready to pay hundreds of euro for average service. Also you need to pay for parking additional fee which is very expensive too

Clean room with balcony.
Ancient hairdryer which reminds an old vacuum cleaner -> it's recommended to take your own one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larissa T
clarens south africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found this hotel on an offchance of just wandering around close to the bus station looking for somewhere to stay. Were very happy with our choice of a back room looking onto other buildings and a small alley. After reading other reviews about noisy street noise, we obviously chose well.
However, during the night an awful, strange and very loud noise which carried on intermittently for about 30 minutes was quite worrying. (I honestly thought that there was an avalanche outside) Silly me. When enquring at breakfast we were told that it was some sort of fireworks display festival. Great little family run hotel and would definitely return to Minori and the Hotel Santa Lucia one day.

Room Tip: back facing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dumps
bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this small family run hotel at the end of September which was at the end of the season so not to busy. Our room was comfortable enough but over looked the main road thru
town and was very very noisy at night. We like to sleep with an open window and no air conditioning but if we went there again I would ask for a room on the back side of the hotel which had a view onto some ruins which was nice - and quiet. Also the times for the breakfast and evening meal were very short and not flexible although the food was excellent.

We made visits to most local areas and Ravello in particular was interesting with spectacular views as everywhere along this beautiful coastline. Be prepared for lots of steep uiphill walking if you want to get out and about to the best places. The Oscar Niemeyer Auditorium perched on the hillside amongst the old buildings was the highlight for us.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vandaBournemouth
Totnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, as previously mentioned nothing was too much trouble and all done with good humour. Our room was also next to the road, which was very noisy at times because we had to have the window open as the AC was not on (after the end of Sept.) We loved the realness of Minori and the genuine friendliness of everyone we met in the town.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room if visiting out of peak season.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Every year I celebrate my birthday with a vacation. This year I choose the Amalfi Coast.

Chosing a hotel from half way around the world is always a challenge but this choice, the Hotel Santa Lucia in Minori, was a good decision!

Located next to Maiori, below Ravello, and very close to Amalfi, this quiet town was a great place to call my base.

Located on the main street in Minori, this family managed hotel was a great choice! Decorated in traditional Italian decor, you always felt warm and right at home. We requested a room at the back of the hotel with a balcony - which backs onto Villa Romano ruins - very cool.

This is a great quality 3 star - very well maintained and clean! The "Sita" bus stop is just metres from the front door and provides economical transportaton from Salerno to Sorrento.

Vincenzo at the front desk was extremely helpful - always quick to respond to my needs and helped me book excursions to Pompeii, Mount Vesuvious and Capri. Salvatore booked a scooter for me which was an ideal way to get around and marvel at the coastal views.

My package included breakfast and dinner. Salvatore and Angelo in the dinning room were the best hosts. Breakfast included ham, cheese, eggs, cereals, pasteries, fruit, coffee and juices - more than adequate. The dinner menu was given to you at the breakfast table so you could choice your preferences for a 3 course dinner. The selection included soups, pastas, fish, beef, pork, chicken, vegatables, pastries, gelato and fruit. All the meals were good - especially the gnocchi - and many thanks to Angelo's family cooking in the kitchen. Salvatore, the big boss they call him, ran the dining room like a master Maitre d' - just to watch him manage the dining room was a joy!

Special thanks to Vincenzo and Salvatore for helping to organize my birthday surprise - thank you!

The beach, main plaza and shopping were just around the corner.

I was very happy with this hotel and would highly recommend it to someone looking for a reasonably priced, good quality hotel, with the homey feel of a bed and breakfast.

Thanks to everyone at the Hotel Santa Lucia - your gracious hospitality helped to make my vacation a trip to remember!!!

Oh, and a special thanks to Salvatore for adding "grana padano" to my dinner selection. You can't beat a piece of great Italian cheese with your Italian wine :)

Grazie mille, Walt

Room Tip: I would suggest a room at the back of the hotel. Some rooms have balconies and some rooms have terra...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wally J J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minori
Villa Romana Hotel & Spa
Hotel Club Due Torri
#2 of 17 in Maiori
Holidays Fico d'India
Hotel Locanda Costa Diva

Been to Hotel Santa Lucia? Share your experiences!