“Great Customer Service with Amalfi Sails”
Review of Amalfi Sails

Amalfi Sails
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Minori
More attraction details
Owner description: Amalfi Sails offers luxury crewed yacht charters through the Mediterranean Sea- Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the Island of Capri & the entire Amalfi Coast and Sorrento area. We offer exclusive yacht charters, sailing or motor charters, and motor boat rentals. We also have small group tours (12 people per boat max) and Private sunset cruises. Amalfi Sails is happy to customize special itineraries for our clients as well as provide a private English speaking guide upon request. The boats are fully equipped with sundecks, shade, kitchen and bathroom, lounge areas, and of course, speed. Boating on the Mediterranean is a very popular past time on the coast because the sea and the landscape are arguably some of the most breathtaking in the world. Amalfi Sails is proud to be a part of Italy’s pride- The Amalfi Coast.
Erin_leigh79
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Great Customer Service with Amalfi Sails”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked a trip on the Gozzo Bella Vita for the 4 of us (2 couples) out of Minori for a 7 hour cruise up and down the coast with a visit to Capri as well. Valeria was very easy to work with via email before the trip in getting info about the different cruise options and during the trip as well with last minute stuff. On the day of cruise, we met our boat captain, Antonello, right at 9:30 am on the Minori pier as instructed by Valeria. I'm glad we were on time because as we walked up he was loading another family into the boat. I approached and said to the lady of the family that I thought they were loading into our boat. After confirming that Antonello was indeed there for us, the other family unloaded. I think it was a simple misunderstanding because the last name of this family was "Isis" and my last name is "Harris", so Antonello probably thought he had the right name since they do sound alike and he doesn't speak English too well anyway. However, my one critism would be for Amalfi Sails to have some way of double checking they have the right party before confirming. This family said they had also reserved a boat for 9:30 and assumed it was theirs, so I can see how this mistake can easily happen. If we'd had been just a few minutes later we would have lost our boat completely to a family not knowing they were on the wrong boat and a captain thinking he'd picked up the right family. Anyway, once on board it was a nice cruise up and down the coast and Antonello worked quite hard to communicate with us as much as possible with his limited English and our VERY limited Italian. He did an excellent job of getting us up and close to some of the grottos, stopping for swims, and pointing out stuff along the shoreline. Overall I wasn't impressed with Capri, no fault of Amalfi Sails. I would have chosen to stay on the boat I think in hindsight instead of fighting the insane tourist crowds and rude restaurant and shop owners. I'm glad we stayed our 3 days in Minori which is about the cutest, nicest town ever, and not Capri. After that Antonello dropped us off at a small boat specifically for transporting diners to a restaurant in the town of Nerano. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant, but it was VERY good! We were not even hungry (one of us was a little sea sick since the water was quite choppy that day) but we ate and ate...and ate. It was an eventful restaurant since it was a Sunday around 2-3pm when all the local Italian familes have their Sunday dinner. Normally I'd be afraid that a tour service would take tourist to a restaurant catering to tourist, but I don't think this was the case. This restaurant had nothing but Italians dining and the waitstaff spoke little to no English. It was the real deal. Glad to have had that experience. So, all in all, it was a bit of an expensive day with the boat rental, shopping, eating, etc. but one we were happy to have had and would do it again! It's a great way to bang out the entire Amalfi Coast without driving, which is not that fun. Thanks, Valeria, for all of your help!

Nicosia, Cyprus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good but....”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a private boat on July 7, for sailing the Amalfi coast and visiting Capri. The boat was great and very comfortable, our skipper Marco was very professional and accomodating and we had an amazing time until we made our way to cross to Capri..
By that time there was a very strong wind coming from the west, from Capri, something that made our trip to Capri almost impossible and pretty much dangerous, in fact there were all kinds of boats at that time returning back, nobody was attempting to cross to Capri with that weather...So our trip that was scheduled until 18:30 ended at 15:30 due to weather conditions, but surprisingly we had to pay the whole amount despites the fact that we only did half the trip....That part of the management was in my opinion quite dissapointing...

1 Thank Panayiotis Y
Oslo, Norway
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“great service, sadly, we had to cancel”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had booked a private cruise for a group of 8 adults and 3 kids for Capri, and were very well taken care of in the booking and information process. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the excursion two days before leaving, which was really sad. So I can only review the booking and info process ahead of the trip. Our experience was great, and we would book there again next time.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amalfi Sails - Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

When my wife and I were figuring out what to splurge on during our honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast, we thought spending time on a boat might be fun. So after some searching, we rolled the dice with Amalfi Sails. Let me just say we hit the jackpot (we booked prior to seeing the photos of Mark Zuckerberg on an Amalfi Sails boat).

This was hands down the best day of our two week honeymoon. While we splurged (booked the Tornado Classic 38 for just the two of us and had Valeria join, too); lying out on the cushioned aft watching the coast roll by us while drinking wine was worth it all. Valeria was great, extremely knowledgeable, personable, but not too intruding. We stopped at a number of spots to swim, had a great lunch at a small coastal town and got to see everything Capri has to offer -- both on land and on the water.

It wasn't until we were on the boat that we learned that Amalfi Sails works with some of the best resorts and has a celebrity clientele roster -- lucky for us that the guidebooks, tripadvisor, etc hasn't really discovered them yet -- otherwise I fear a boat wouldn't have been available to book. At some point the secret will get out...and when it does I can't wait to tell everyone "I told you so".

Thanks again to Amalfi Sails for helping create such a memorable honeymoon experience!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Pago77
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amalfi Sails - Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We had the very best day with Valeria (our knowledgeable guide) and Benny (our skilled captain) touring the Amalfi Coast. While we were making arrangements before arriving in Italy Valeria was great...she outlined our options, responded promptly to emails, and picked the right boat for our trip. Our day was fantastic. The sights were incredible and Valeria was very informative as we sailed past towns and places of interest. We circled Capri, stopped for a swim through a grotto, had lunch at restaurant that could only be reached by boat, and ended up swimming at Benny's favorite beach. The water was amazingly clear and warm, and the day couldn't have been better. We are going to return next year and will definitely book another trip.

1 Thank GShap