“Lovely place very friendly and good home cooking”
Review of Cafe Europa

Cafe Europa
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Minori
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A little restaurant serving simple Italian meals in the main square of Minori (just over the road from the Northern end of the beach at Minori).
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just got back from Minori and we ate here at least three or four times. My parents loved it, and they are hard to please. The owners were so helpful and friendly, the food was good home cooking and at a very reasonable price. Am saddened by some of the recent reviews this may not be high class dining but we thought they and the food were amazing.

On our last day we were going to go in for lunch before our flight and they had to shut for family reasons but they arranged for someone to come in and open up and do us some take away pizzas especially for us. Now that is customer service.

They dont take cards so be aware of this, but the bill never came to a huge amount any way.

Would reccommed to any one staying in Minori.

1  Thank MichelleSH1574
There are newer reviews for Cafe Europa

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Can't understand the poor reviews, we visited six times and were always happy with our meals. Good simple Italian dishes, well cooked with plenty of choice for vegetarians. The proprietors are extremely helpful and friendly, Anna is fluently multi-lingual which was a tremendous help.

2  Thank Lesley670
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Well placed, in the main piazza. Lovely for the aperitif and for a late evening beer. Prices are OK, people in charge very kind

1  Thank pedropedropedro
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We went to this place because of it's extensive menu (having someone in our group that is a picky eater) and the TripAdviser reviews being high. I don't get it. Yes, they are super friendly and were quite happy to have us come in and dine (we sat outside) and it felt like 3 people at once were waiting on us hand and foot which is uncommon in Italy it seems. The owners are German, which should have been a red flag since we thought it was an Italian restaurant. We ordered salads: a Caprese and another salad with mixed veggies and such. I didn't taste the mixed veggies salad, but the Caprese salad was actually quite good although a little on the salty side. I figured the rest of the food would be good. I ordered the mushroom ravioli and my BF ordered the canaloni. Both were wierd tasting and something was "off" about them. At least it wasn't an expensive meal. My advise to these people would be to just make German food, which is delicious when done right. They are missing the mark with the "Italian" food anyway. At the end we went to split the bill with 2 cards since we were 2 couples dining and she told us, "cash only". Now, that's not cool! You should state up front that it is cash only. I can understand if she didn't want to split it between 2 cards (although we did this the entire 2 weeks in Italy at EVERY restaurant and had no problems or hesitation from anyone), but to say at the end of the meal after we've requested the bill that it's cash only? Bad customer service and we never saw anything about it being cash only. So, I do NOT recommend this place for the food or the cash only policy, but if wait service is your only priority then this is a home run. Also when she brought out the bill it she added it up right there at the table, counting in German as if we knew German and could vouch that the total was correct. But then at the end she brought out a real reciept. I don't get it. This place was wierd. There seemed to be quite a few Italian locals dining here though, so I'm not sure what's up with this place. Perhaps we just ordered all the wrong things? Doubtful.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I feel I am a pretty fair person when it comes to assessing restaurants and cafes, so I am absolutely amazed that this has had such favourable reviews.

We specifically waited to go to this restaurant for pizza on our last night in Minori as we were encouraged by the great reviews. I have to say disappointed doesn't start to cover it.

The salad we ordered to start was like something you would get from a supermarket salad bar-more than past it's sell by date lettuce, cooked carrots, sweetcorn and over blanched green beans. The tomatoes didn't even taste like the beautiful fresh ones that grow in abundance in the area. Worst of all, it was covered in salt-not really necessary unless you're covering up for poor ingredients.

The pizzas then arrived (one twenty minutes after the other one in a near empty restaurant) and despite both ordering different pizzas they were absolutely identical and tasted like frozen pizzas. The bases were ready made/ bought in- frustrating and not really acceptable in a country and area where there's no excuse not to have the freshest ingredients and the most authentic ways of food preparation.

If you want to feed the kids before bedtime, or grab a very quick sandwich for lunnch- this place is fine but this is not food that any adult with a palate and looking for an authentic Italian pizza would appreciate. No way is this anywhere the best restaurant in Minori, it's a snack bar at best.

1  Thank sophie_judge