“Worth a visit!”

Ristorante Pizzeria Giardiniello
Reserve with
Ristorante Pizzeria Giardiniello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Minori
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 1955, a tasty history Inside the narrow streets, through the Moorish streets and all the little squares near the sea, Minor collects the scents and flavors of it are cooking traditions. Here, let us not forget, was produced handmade pasta, which became, later, the undisputed asset of other areas of our region. And in this tradition theGiardiniello Restaurant was born. A story that began back in 1955 with Francesco Di Bianco and Annunziata "Nunziatina" Celio. Their hospitality and taste have grown for many years then passed, in more recent times, their sons Antonio and Giovanni, who made "Giardiniello" one of the true germs of good food on the Amalfi Coast.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a stunning, but very twisty, drive along the beautiful Amalfi coast a few weeks ago, we ended up in the small town of Minori and had lunch at Il Giardiniello restaurant. It was certainly worth the trip. We had excellent food, comprising fresh and succulent seafood and some of the best past we've ever tasted ... the home-made ravioli were to die for!! Professional and friendly service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,922)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had spent a good part of the day in Minori, a delightful little town on the Amalfi coast, swimming, lying in the sun, and wandering the streets. Based on TA reviews, we had also decided to have a late lunch at Il Giardiniello. It was about 2.30pm when we arrived at the doorstep. We were setting up for a photo out the front when the owner saw us and came out and offered to take the photo for us. He didn't do too bad a job either. After that, he showed us in and seated us at a table in the covered outdoor area. The restaurant was very quiet, probably due to the time of day and it being the off season.
We started with a delicious bread basket, and the balsamic and oil dip. Our waiter/owner also recommended a lovely white wine to accompany our lunch, which consisted of a shared bowl of Pepper mussels and then I had a caprese pizza and my partner had the D'Underie, a local dish of rather large gnocchi. The pepper mussels lacked a bit of a bite, and were more lemony than peppery, but still tasty. The pizza was excellent, as was the D'Underie. We had decided not to have dinner this night, so we rested a bit and then launched into sweets. I was a bit sad to hear that the specialty (egg plant and chocolate) was not available. I had to go with the lemon cake, which was full of creamy goodness, a bit like a tiramisu but with lemon flavour instead of coffee, and in the shape of an igloo. My partner had an ice cream style dessert, which was ok but not fantastic. I expressed my disappointment about not being able to have the egg plant & chocolate, and the owner was very apologetic and said that if we planned to come back, to call ahead and he would make sure it was available. Now that's good customer service, and I think we will be back, for dinner next time. They are not open Wednesdays.
We had a delightful 2 hour lunch, just the way is should be when on holidays :-)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great meal in Il Giardiniello. Disappointed that because of the horrible weather we couldn't eat in the lovely garden out front of the restaurant. Delicious starter of mixed local seafood followed by a very good pizza. Service slightly gruff but efficient and we got a smile in the end! Certainly recommended.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We dined at this restaurant twice during our stay in the small town of Minori. Both times was a fantastic experience. The first evening was a special Mozzarella making night with a set menu based on the amazing cheese. Every dish was unique and delicious. And great wine selection! They provided live music, and we had a blast. We went back for our last evening in Minori and ate the regular menu - also excellent food quality and unique dishes. The owner came out to speak with us, and prior to that evening, we had seen him down by the beach when my husband bought a few of the locals a beer. He came back with two bottles of the Prosecco that we had for dinner our first night there. So hospitable and so generous. Anyhow he came out to greet us and take pictures. All the locals go there, which is usually a good indication that the food is good - but I have to say out of our entire two week stay in italy, I would rate this as our best restaurant experience. I would highly recommend that you make a visit to the restaurant - even if you're not staying in Minori, it's worth the trip!

1  Thank Bahamaslover17
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent 3 weeks on the Amalfi coast in september 2012, of which 5 days were spent in Minori. I ate at this local family-own restaurant 3 evenings during my stay in Minori. There was even a special evening, Mozza...niello, put on at the restaurant. We saw the process of making mozzarella. Multiple dishes made of mozzarella were served while live music was played. What a wonderful evening it was. The atmosphere was extremely pleasant with tables outside in the garden and some inside. The owners took time to speak to the guests despite being busy serving all of us. If you like dark chocolate, try the excellent local Minori dessert, "melanzane in cioccolato" (eggplants in dark chocolate), a wonderful treat. A restaurant not to be missed on the coast! Rachel M

1  Thank sphynx2