“The most dishonest behaviour I have ever faced”
Review of Hotel 7 Bello

Hotel 7 Bello
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Minori
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The story is a bit long...

I had originally chosen Hotel Villa Romana for my stay in Minori during a business meeting and a conference. I had booked one month in advance, directly to the staff of that hotel. However, at the arrival, I discovered I had been moved, without earlier notice, to another hotel (7Bello), which was 3 stars, not 4 like Hotel Villa Romana, and seemingly cheaper. I willingly accepted the offer since, after all, I was there on business. Finally, at the check out, I have been asked to pay 100 Euros per night, as if I stayed in the original, nicer, hotel. Complains were of course useless.

Not the least, I have been asked to pay by cash. I really recommend not to choose the Hotel 7Bello, nor the Hotel Villa Romana, and in any case, to be aware of the extra costs (e.g., for air conditioning, parking, etc.) that could be added to the basic rates of the rooms.

BTW. the owners of the two hotels are brothers and the one of Villa Romana is also the Mayor of the city (I guess this is a perfect team to spoil the people!)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Gabriele P

Reviewed October 26, 2009

enjoyed our stay, very clean, staff very friendly encouraged us to have second helpings at dinner time and to try dishes we had not chosen from a fixed tour group menu. Enjoyed all the food on offer soup very appetising.Breakfast better than the expected basic coffee and croissant. having a good selection cold buffet including meats and cheese.
On the down side is on a busy road so can be noisy however with plenty of local brandy and lemon liqoure (excellent) no problem!!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank archiecambridge
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel is basic , but if you dont mind basic its ok.Staff were friendly enough, clean. Its on a main road but there is nothing the manager can do about the road so be prepared for disturbed night. Have cash to cover bar bills, coffees ect as they wont take cards.
The food was abysmal, with the exception to the pasta dishes it was terrible. we spent 6 nights there and it really did get worse as the week wore on. We had a very small portion of ice cream(2 tiny spoons full) on four of the nights, there were no other choices, a peice of cake one night and a slice of watermelon. I have read in the reviews about tiramasu you lucky people cos we never saw any, lovely salads again not that we saw any.

Minori is a lovely quite place as is the rest of the Amalfi Coast and I would reccomend it.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Staff where reasonably friendly. Hotel is on a very busy road. Our room was functional and clean. Hair dryer was useless as well as the drawers, they were so small you couldn't store anything in them. The main problem was the food. Very poor quality and no variety. I assume the manager will reply to this with the standard reply that is on the other negative remarks left on this site. The owners really need to address the problem of the food. considering there is so much fresh good local produce around, it was surprising that during our stay of a week the only sald item we had was tomato on one evening. we had some kind of mush that was supposed to be roasted courgette on another occasion. Ice cream was the standard desert which would have been fine if we had a change of flavour on occasions. Amalfi is beautiful and well worth visiting, however i would not really recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I have just returned from a week's stay in this lovely hotel.
Andrea and his family could not have been more welcoming to all of us.
They went out of their way to accommodate our every need.
The food was lovely and it was about 50 yards from the beach.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I can't stand about our holiday: me and my girfriend spend 3 weeks moving around Italy and we spend (unfortunally!!!) just 4 days into the amazing panorama and gratest view of the Amalfi Cost. We been to the "Hotel Sette Bello" where we found a really helpful, kind and disponible owner ho always give as the best advice and info about, where and when we can visit something! I hope to be again there soon as possible...
Belive me, That days were the best of all the holiday!

Thank's again Mr.Andrea Rispoli for all you make for us!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed July 23, 2004

Asked for a quiet room at the back..but the road loops round the hotel - so much for that idea. The 5 Euro a day for air conditioning is worth it to drown out the public bus horn and we had no trouble sleeping. The dinner menu choice is supposed to be made that morning but we forgot two days and there was plenty of food to let us choose what we wanted and large portions. We dined out one day and the staff were very worried we didn't like the food.

Hotels on the Amalfi coast are expensive. For a 3 star hotel this is as good as you will get and better than most, with friendly staff and clean peasant rooms. Free Roman ruins to visit across the road. Minori is a small town, relatively unspoilt by tourists, but with a ferry stop, which makes it ideal to explore the Amalfi coast. We had a very nice time.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
7bello, Proprietario at Hotel 7 Bello, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2008

About the food situation, we always give many different kinds of choise about menu. However, we give to all our guests the opportunity to keep different kinds of vegetables, fruits and ice cream.
We are really disappointed with the opinion of our guests: We have rooms that have the balcony and looks into the mainly street and others that looks inside: we are much sorry, but the situation of the traffic doesn't dipends by us! At the end, we have totally rebuild and re-moderned all the structured, the staff and the organization.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minori
Hotel Santa Lucia
#1 of 17 in Maiori
Hotel Club Due Torri
Hotel Club Due Torri
#2 of 17 in Maiori

Been to Hotel 7 Bello? Share your experiences!