Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $126.90
from $150.31
from $172.49
More Info
All reviews guide knowledge marco plants case expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

We booked the tour that had return private transportation, lunch and a guide. My wife thought we could do it on our own but she was glad I booked it. Did not want the hassle of public buses due to crowds and schedules. Our guide was Enzo and he is very passionate about nature and hiking. Gave us insights along the trail. We took the high route along the coast as it was supposedly less busy. It was a very hot day 37C according to Enzo. Not a lot of shade along the trail. The trail is rated moderate according to AllTrails.com. There’s lots of ups and downs and uneven surfaces. I’m over 60 with bad osteo arthritis in my ankle where I hobble but I made it. I wish I had walking sticks. I didn’t move as fast as others but it was worth it. The lunch was in a quaint restaurant in Montepertuso and was delicious.
It’s not the tour guides fault if you’re not prepared and didn’t do your due diligence.

2  Thank wooski
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

We did the private guided hike of the Sentiero Degli Dei from Agerola. It was a very cloudy day hence visibility of the coast that the path is actually famous for was zero for more than 60% of the path. Our guide, Vincenzo, tried earnestly to make it worthwhile for us by taking us to the higher altitude trail so we could see some vegetation and experience some microecosystems. This was nice and we enjoyed the trail very much - but it also meant that we did not walk along the coast!

Once the clouds cleared (as we neared Nocelle) the view was outstanding and one could see why this was called the Path of the Gods!

3 things that did not make the guided hike worth while (it is expensive at €180) -
1. The guide's English was super rustic at best and we could barely follow his rapid Italian, even though this was supposed to be an English tour.
2. We requested that the hike end at Montepertuso, after crossing the Valleno Porto; but the guide ended it at Nocelle saying that we should now take the steps to Positano.
3. The timings for public transport from Amalfi to Agerola were incorrect, as a result we ended up with a very expensive taxi ride up to Bomerano, the starting point of the trek. If only they had advised us to take their private transfer or shared the correct bus schedule with us, it would have made the private trek more worthwhile!

All in all - a gorgeous, not to be missed hike trail - but one where the guide is not required - he did not add much more to what the internet already provides as information on the trail.

Date of experience: June 2019
4  Thank preekay
Reviewed June 3, 2019

The tour guide for my REI Adventure: Amalfi Coast and Capri was Giovanni, with Cartotrekking. The tour was supposed to run for six full days; it rained for the first two or three days so unfortunately we were unable to hike the Path of the Gods, but Giovanni managed to take us on the Sentiero dei Limoni and another trail among the lemon trees that led us to a cute little cafe called Fore Porta that is so far off the beaten path we never would have found it on our own.

He also led us on the Trail of the Old Forts (including Mesola and Orrico) and the loop that includes the Arco Natural on Capri, as well as our trip to Mount Vesuvius.

He's very knowledgeable about the area and history, and made the trip very enjoyable.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Recently went to Italy and booked hiking trip in positano. We did the Path of Gods Hike and Enzio was our guide . he was so fantastic. He knew all the history and the plants in the area and explained what we were seeing all along the way! My friends Mom did it with us and is going to be 90 in one month ! She completed whole path. And Enzio was so patient. She needed a helping hand at some of steeper points. But she did it all. He just held her hand to make sure she did not lose balance when steps too steep ! We loved it. The only thing is I wish we would have had option. To get driver back at end ! Did not like taking bus back. I should have clarified. I thought I was getting driver back to positano.

Pam, Lisa and Joy (U.S)

Date of experience: May 2019
micins87, Proprietario at Cartotrekking, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Pam, Lisa and Joy
We're glad you enjoied the walk of the Gods with Enzo,
he told me about all these things after the hike,
We really appreciate your words and we say you thanks fro your review.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 21, 2019

I recently went to Positano and hiked the Setiero Degli Dei. I had done it before without a guide and my experience with Saveria was so much better! She was able to take me to the best locations to see thing that I would never have found on my own. Not only that but her knowledge of the area and it's history was in-depth and so interesting, I enjoyed that a lot. She was patient, funny and kind. She even brought us some traditional snacks to try!
I would suggest going with a guide. Saveria was truly wonderful. I will go with her again and highly recommend her.

Date of experience: April 2019