“Incredible views!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods)

Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods)
Book In Advance
More Info
$120.74*
and up
Amalfi Coast Hiking Tour Path Of The Gods 'Sentiero Degli Dei'
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Agerola
“Incredible views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I agree with all of the other reviews. This climb is perfect for anyone up for an adventure. My parents and I stayed in Positano but took the bus at about 9:30am to Nocelle. We walked from Nocelle to Praiano but there are many different cities you can walk the path from. The hike was approx 9.3 km long (from what I was told) and took us about 3.5 hours to walk it (mind you, we stopped to take quite a few photos) but well worth it! The views are absolutely breathtaking. Definitely wear good walking shoes because there are a number of rocks and steps to go up and down on and bring bottles of water because we didn't find any water stations along the way. The path was well marked with red and white stripes on rocks or trees. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Simply breathtaking! (literally!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This walk is a must do if you are travelling to the Amalfi coast! The views are simply amazing, and it takes you right into the heart of nature.
My advice would be to start in Bomerano, not Positano - it's a lot easier! Most of the walk is down hill, it is very well signposted, and most importantly for those who are not in peak physical condition, you avoid having to climb up the 1500 steps! You simply go down them instead, which is still a feat in itself.
It truly is a fantastic walk, and you can understand why it is named the Path of the Gods - looking down from those tremendous heights at such beautiful panoramas makes you feel ethereal.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Kris_Tailor
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So worth doing!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We hiked this in June w/3 kids ages, 14, 9, and 7. I am glad we did it and they were troopers. However, I will say that it was very hard to relax and enjoy the scenery (at times) because I was constantly worried about the kids tripping and falling of a cliff. I would recommend a guide as there are many places you could get off track and it is a bit difficult to find. There is a great shaded picnic area towards the end where you can rest and enjoy some wine and snacks if you prepare before hand. :o)

Visited June 2013
2 Thank mwells74
York, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing views of the Amalfi Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went walking the 'Sentiero Degli Dei' in June 2013, while staying near Positano. My travel guide had a description how to get to it, but as I was a solo traveller, I chose to go with a travel guide. Only Zia Lucy offered 'open group' hikes, and reviews on trip advisors convinced me this was the right choice (see my review for Zia Lucy). The views of th Amalfi Coast are amazing from high up on the path. It is not harduous at all - people in our group were all wearing trainers, and amongst them someone suffering from vertigo). However, I will definitely recommand you to IGNORE the Lonely Planet suggestion to start in Positano/Nocelle - do instead go to Amalfi, and from there catch a bus to Bomerano. In the village, do purchase some local products from local shops (e.g. day-old mozzarella and salami) for your picnic later. Follow the sign to the Path and ENJOY!!! Once you get at the other end in Nocelle, do stop by the small 'buvette' which sells lemomade and granitas and enjoy the views from there. Then catch the bus to Positano. There is an option to take stairs all the way down to Positano, but be warned, there are quite a lot of them and your knees won;t thank you for it. Beside there is nothing interesting to see...

Visited June 2013
7 Thank 21Lily
New York City, New York
“The footpath of the Gods is an amazing hike on ancient goat trails high above the Amalfi Coast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The views are spectacular and the trails take you past houses that look like they belong in the Alps. I would highly recommend it.

Visited August 2012