“What a find!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Searching for dinner after a tour in Ischia, me and my husband stumbled upon Da Gigino in downtown Sorrento. There was a decent amount of people inside so we decided to try it out. Let’s get to the point... the food was amazing! We started with the capris salad, which my husband said was the best he has ever had. I would definitely agree, however I picked around the mozzarella since I’m vegan. For our main courses I ordered garlic olive oil noodles with a side if the mushrooms and spinach. My husband got the sea bass which came whole. We both agreed that it all was very good. My husband ordered dessert, house wine and cafe which he loved as well. My one tip would be to go around 7 because it got busy. We left around 8 and there was a line out the door.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

6 of us eat at this restaurant 3 times during our stay in the area. We could have gone back again and again. The food was fresh and always tasty and the family running the business were warm and very friendly.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place with a huge range of food and wines. The pizzas were fantastic and very well priced between €7 and €12. Great atmosphere with quite good service. Try a calzone it was so tasty.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

We visited the restaurant twice. First time we (2) spent 55 euros on a 3 course meal with lots of wine. We were celebrating. The starters were really good. I had marinated ansjovies served with red peppars followed by grilled lamb. We had grilled courgettes and augergines as additionals. The wine complemented the meal. 45 euros with tips.

The second time we were on a budget. A shared starter and a shared pizza. Lots of wine and water. 20 euros with tips.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

This place looks wonderful from outside, tucked away in a corner on the beautiful Sorrento streets but they didn't have our reservation (we booked online) and looked hassled when we still wanted a table.
The food was okish, the service wasn't great. They were more interested in getting us out of the restaurant when only one of the party ordered a dessert.
Overall not an amazing dining experience.