“Unexpected find in San Lazzaro”
Review of Da Gigino

Da Gigino
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Agerola
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Da Gigino is a small, unpretentious restaurant in the San Lazzaro area ('frazione') of Agerola. The food is good, the welcome friendly- we came back here a few times and would recommend it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was good...no pizzas for lunch though. The acoustics are strange, in that conversations are amplified. They have puttanesca here, which is rare (it's one of my favorite dishes).

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I met Gigino a few hours after my arrival in Agerola, I did not know then who he was. He was walking my same way and carried a bin full of fresh picked cherries. As he noticed that I was looking at the fruits he offered me to take some. Hours later I met him in his restaurant. I saw the review on Tripadvisor and decided to try this place. Well, he greeted me like I was an old friend. The restaurant is run by him and his sons and their wives. His grandchildren are peering on the floor from time to time and smile to the guests, but they are too shy to actually come out.
Massimo, his son, and Gigino explained that they use whatever they can from their own farming.
The food is simple and straight forward, but in its simplicity, it is absolutely great. Their home made pasta, which I tried on two consecutive days in different formats, is awesome, the home made lemon dessert is superb, and the wood-oven baked pizza is a class by itself. The dough is made fresh every day (sometime twice a day, said Gigino) and it is naturally levitated and consumed the same day. The place itself is clean and nicely decorated, though if they would work on the entrance and dim the place a bit it would certainly add a bit of romance to the place.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love this restaurant and the family that own and run it. I am a trekking guide that has been taking groups of 16 clients at a time on tuesdays and Thursdays every April and May and every October and November for the last 3 years. The food is fantastic, really good quality and at a very good price. If you order chips they go out to the kitchen and start peeling the potatoes. The Sea bream is to die for and is bought fresh every day. The pizzas are huge and actually every thing you order is of a very high quality. Some times the food comes out in a mad order but with 16 people that is to be expected and actually adds to the charm of the place. The family are so welcoming and from Da Gigino who owns the place right down to his little grand daughter Fredericka the warmth of being welcome there is felt. If you are in Agerola you should make a visit here.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed in a beautiful hostel around the corner from this family run trattoria. We were in Agerola for 10 nights and ate here practically every night. Our children were made very welcome and were even allowed to watch the pizza making. The menu was varied enough for the adults to try something new and delicious each night and homely enough for our 3 boys to be satisified with dishes that they recognised, avoiding heated discussions about what the adults thought the children might like to eat! Massimo and the rest of his family made us feel so comfortable and greeted us warmly every evening, their children were charming! Thank you for helping to make our holiday such an enjoyable one.