“Incredible pizza and super friendly staff”
Review of La Selva

La Selva
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Agerola
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible pizza and super friendly staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

La Selva is a family run restaurant that made us instantly welcome.
The manager was iincredidly friendly and helpful - and showed us around the kitchens and introduced us to his sister who was manning the pizza oven.
As a pizza lover - it has to be one of my favourite foods but rarely hits the high notes - this restaurant is outstanding.
A very crisp base that was not soggy at all despite being very welcomingly overloaded with beautiful ingredients - chilli, salamis, local cheeses and a fabulous tomato sauce.
We also tried their caprese salad which was a triumph - and their desserts which were good but not quite as brilliant as their mains.
The wine selection was equally great - we were wheeled over a table full of the wines on offer and were recommended a beautiful Scilian red at 18 euros a bottle which was a steal and our favourite on our trip to the Amalfi.
We returned twice more and I don't have a bad word to say about this place. It may not have incredible views or decor but the service and produce on offer more than makes up for this.

• Visited June 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We ate here twice, once for dinner then lunch before flying home. It's where the locals go and so if you feel the need to dive in to the real Italy, this is a great place to go. No English menu, just the ever helpful proprietor to guide you.

Pizzas that ovelap your table and meat cooked on an open fire - ace

Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and very patient staff”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was there with a group of people from the same walking group. The waiter was very patient and explained everything that was on the menu (they don't have an English menu)! Unfortunately they missed my order and I had to wait an additional 30 mins for my food to arrive - as it was a relaxing holiday, I was happy to wait while having my side salad and beer! But I can imagine it would be annoying for many people.

• Visited October 2011
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“A friendly & welcoming resturant with excellent food & terrific service”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I decided to try this resturant as it was away from the over priced places nearer to the coast. Antonio, the owner/manager was outstanding. His warm welcome and enthusiasm is infectious. The menu was comprehensive, the food was excellent and good value. We enjoyed the experience so much we went back 3 times in 4 nights.

• Visited September 2011