We travelled in mid-September and had a great stay at this hotel - with an ocean view room, beautiful grounds, friendly staff and a great breakfast who could complain?
The staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and provide you with information about the area and events. The hotel is in a convenient location with access to Tropea very easy (a 20 min walk) or a quick shuttle ride.
The pool area is a great place to relax and watch the sun set. The beach club, about a ten minute walk down the hill, is very nice with loungers and umbrella's all set up and ready to go on a great stretch of sandy beach. Water shoes would be a good bet for entering and leaving the ocean - the ocean floor itself has much larger rocks but the little ones wash up on the shore of the beach making it a trick to get in and out. FYI there is a restaurant on the beach but it might be a good idea to bring you own cooler bag.
Rooms - nice - comfortable - we had a full apartment so it was great having the use of a stovetop and full fridge to save on the cost of eating out all the time. There is a great grocery store just to the left of the hotel on the main road - the owners are so friendly and they offered free samples of local cuisine and even a glass of wine - a good way to break the ice would be to talk about the 1982 World Cup squad - the owner of the grocery store is a huge fan of Tardelli, Rossi, Zoff and crew!
You won't be disappointed with this hotel - all of the reviews are true - it is a clean, friendly and well maintained place - it isn't the waldorf but it should suit the needs of most. I think we were paying in the ballpark of 80 euros ($100+ Cdn per night)...and felt we got full value for our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is situated in the district of Parghelia, just 1 km from Tropea and with a splendid view of the Tyrrhenian coast and the Aeolian Islands (Stromboli Vulcano). The resort consists of Hotel Rooms and Suites, both surrounded by voluptuous greenery. Some of the services offered: swimming pool with baby area and Jacuzzi area, private beach with umbrellas and sun beds, shuttle service to/from the private beach and Tropea city center, inside car parking, transfer from the railway stations of Tropea and Tropea and from Tropea harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tirreno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Tirreno Hotel
- Residence Tirreno Parghelia
- Hotel Tirreno Italy/Calabria - Parghelia