Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
$144
$132
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
$107
$141
$118
Orbitz.com
$129
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$129
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$135
$125
TripAdvisor
Palmerstown Lodge(Palmerstown)
TripAdvisor
2,853 results
All reviewsclarion hotelgusto restaurantshopping centrekudos barkids clubswimming pooltayto parkfamily roomfamily breakthe busleisure facilitiesbusy hotellovely hoteldublin zoosaturday nightbar foodcinema
Reviewed November 6, 2013

STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!!!!!!!
Had a 2 night stay B&B with 1 dinner inclusive. On our first night we were woken at 5am to the sound of boy racers in the private car park, as we were on the ground floor, one car was parked outside the window playing really loud music from the boot of his car, I rang down to reception but this continued all night. The breakfast was fine if you can get a seat. That evening we decided to go for a room service option for breakfast on the second morning (which is offered in the hotels in room guide) only to be told by the receptionist "they no longer provide this service as they couldn't provide a quality service and people were receiving cold breakfasts, so they just stopped". In my opinion this is not a suitable justification for your customers. Upon going down to breakfast at 9am the 2nd morning there was a queue which extended from the breakfast room to the front door of the hotel. We made the decision to go next door for breakfast to the arc. This hotel clearly cannot deal with the capacity of people it holds in the hotel. We tried on several occasions to go for a swim and the pool was at max capacity at all times with children, there is no cut off time for children in the pool. The most frightening thing about this hotel apart from the fact that your viewed as a wallet from the moment you walk in the door has to be the car park. Cars are regularly double parked all over the car park, by day and night, in front of FIRE HYDRANTS!! I really don't think the welfare of this hotels customers are a priority at all. Upon check out I explained all the things which had left our stay less than enjoyable to reception and was met with a "sorry and that's the direction in which you can pay for your parking". I've stayed in better hostels than this and am shocked it's a four star hotel, if there were negative stars that's what I would award our stay in this greedy hotel.

Room Tip: Don't Bother!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Mic H
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a family event nearby. Lovely room, clean hotel. Breakfast was bedlam as the FAI Cup final was on - coupled with the end of mid term.

Would recommend it though. The only downer was the €4 charge for the car parking. Seriously? It isn't Dublin City Centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Eamonn B,
Thanks for your comments, I'm happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you here with us again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fourteen of the family recently stayed at the Clarion overnight for Mam's Birthday.The location is fantastic-a home away from home and both quiet and relaxing. The close proximity of Liffey Valley shopping centre is a welcome bonous and attraction before heading for the sauna room and pool for a quick refresh. The food was excellent and the staff courtious and friendly.The breakfast is fit for a king and the value for money excellent. Well done to all at the Clarion.
John&Maureen

Room Tip: Go for a walk before breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Yellow fox,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our sauna and pool. Just next time make sure to bring more people.. 14 is not enough..:-)

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Well what can i say. Clarion hotel upgraded us to the penthouse apartment when we arrived. I have to say it is just the best thing ever. From the food to the staff everything was just first class. Thank you all again for a great stay and we are looking forward to a return visit very soon.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sinead M

Dear Sinead M,
The excitement from your visit is mutual. We can't wait to have you here with us again ASAP.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked through lidl for 2 nights b&b with dinner. Hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and the food is nice. A movie night for kids during midterm break, a nice touch. The rooms were average and family rooms quite small. We didn't leave credit card details at reception on check-in and were asked to pay up front. We couldn't charge anything to our room and pay on check out which we would normally do. One night when I was putting the baby to bed restaurant staff phoned the room looking for payment of kids meals & drinks, so I had to telephone my husband to go go back to restaurant to pay. This annoyed me really and I've never experienced this in any other hotel. Hotel is in a good location for shopping. Rooms were very warm also. Too hot. We enjoyed it overall. The friendliness of staff really stands to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear TALKGalway,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that our procedures annoyed you, but they are here to protect you as well as us. Other than that I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I'll make sure to pass your kind words to my team. See you soon.