“Best restaurant in Clondalkin”
Review of Rory's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband decided to try Rory's out, I wasn't even aware that there was a bistro in Clondalkin ,and I live in Clondalkin ! We were both very pleasantly surprised when we walked in, the decor is lovely , it's very cosy and the staff were very nice, we hadn't booked in advance but they were very accommodating. We both had starters, main and dessert and I have to say the food was absolutely gorgeous, we also had two bottles of wine and the bill was €98 euro. That's what I call value for money, we will definitely return again... Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Rory's Bistro

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked this by mistake on a special promotion. There were 11 of us and we were all surprised by our food, it was really excellent, and very competitively priced. The location is not great, and to be honest the Bistro was far better than you would think when you drive up to it.

I enjoyed it very much, and would return if it was located elsewhere.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Been here several times both as part of a group and as a couple. We have seen most of the menu. Menu is very good. Giant Burger meals, excellent duck, really good pork or lamb, everything better than expected.
The quality of the food, and its presentation, is excellent. No obvious sign of a freezer or microwave here !
The dining room is very comfortable and calm.
€50-€60 gets two starters, two mains and a bottle of wine. Early Bird even less. Considering the quality and portion size this is very good value.
Located next to Boomers Lounge & Bar, No. 13 Bus stops outside.

1  Thank dubtrabteen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live close to this restaurant and I've now been a few times. Each time the food has been excellent. Its not fine dining or tiny portions, it's fresh, wholesome food cooked well and presented beautifully in (really) good portion sizes, in fact sometimes too big for me. I have ordered the steak on a stone more than once and have learned to order it with just salad as it can come with portions of chips or mash and always with a big plate of onion rings which I can never eat! A particular word about the desserts which always look so fabulous that you don't want to ruin them by eating them, but they also taste as nice as they look, and I'm not a dessert person. They could do with a cheeseboard on the dessert menu as it might encourage people who are enjoying the red wine to linger longer (and order another bottle!).
The staff are very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We had a messy night one evening where both a steak and then some wine ended up on the floor and the staff couldn't have handled it better. On busier evenings it may be hard to catch their attention to pay the bill but we just went to the till. The interior is a pleasant surprise, modern and open-plan and spacious. They have also recently started doing early bird and other special menus which is a great sign that they are listening to and catering for their customers.

2  Thank bellaEIRE
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Two friends and I visited Rory's on a meal deal over the weekend and we're pleasantly surprised. The exterior doesn't do the interior justice and you could easily walk by without giving it a second glance, but once inside the interior is spacious, bright and modern in decoration and there's a nice buzz in the place. We were all happy with each course ordered, the menu was varied which is always good. I went for chicken liver paté served with toasts and a cranberry preserve, delicious, followed by a steak on the stone (a little tough and first but relaxed as it cooked, i would have thought the more rare should be more tender but not with the steaks here!) This was served with a deliciously creamy pepper sauce and a hearty portion of thick cut fries. We finished off with a Eton mess, this could have been refined somewhat or served in a more fitting / delicate glass, and there was no need for the shortbread and extra ice cream!! Service is a little brusque, with vine glasses cleared and table wiped without being asked if we wanted anymore and hard to get someone's attention to ask for bill etc... that's the only negative really about here. It's not fine dining, but it's certainly hearty, welcoming and very good value for money and I would recommend onward.