Red Cow Moran Hotel
  • Pool
$89
$85
$95
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$130
Travelocity
$90
TripAdvisor
1,639 results
All reviewsred cowcocktail barnew wingcity centrelovely hotelluas stophotel bara lovely staytop classcar parkingfollowing morningfamily roommoranstramrogerssineadireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed here 5 times in the last year, as the hotel hosts exams and seeing as it at the side of a motor way,there aren't many other places to stay. My most recent stay was at the beginning of October. The key cards didn't work at all. I had to come to reception 3 times after I checked in, the receptionist eventually came to open the door with the master key, which also wouldn't work. When eventually they gave me a new room, the hair dryer didn't work and the bath plug didn't plug the bath! I returned the following week to be put in a room on the motor-way, the heating didn't work - blowing cold air no matter what I pressed and I asked to be moved due to the sound of the motor way. the new room was cold, the heating didn't work at all, the unit emitted a loud noise when I tried to turn it on. The lights in the room buzzed from the moment I turned them on, as did the vent outside my window. In the morning, a man was hammering away at the doors down the corridor trying to insert new the new key card system, I would not be impressed if I was actually staying the hotel for pleasure.
I also think the hotel should offer some sort of student rate during the exams

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RedCowMoranDublin, Duty Manager at Red Cow Moran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear E K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Red Cow Moran Hotel. We do appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests.

I am very disappointed to read of the issues you experienced during your stay. I can only put these down to an unfortunate series of events. In general the hotel and our rooms are maintained to a high standard with the odd maintenance issue here and there.

As you witnessed we have replaced the door locks through out the hotel and no longer experience the door lock issues you unfortunately experienced.

Kind regards

Paul Malone

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel but didn't think it was quite as good as their hotel in Cork. It was convenient for the LUAS to go into Dublin but we were disappointed with the standard of the food served in the hotel restaurant, the food in the bar was better. Rooms are a good size and are comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RedCowMoranHotel, General Manager at Red Cow Moran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hi John from Lincoln

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was dissapointed to read that you did not find the food in the restaurant as good as the food in the bar. We try and keep our standards the same through out the complex on our food offerings and I do appoligse if we have fallen down on this occasion. Thank you for your comments in regard to the staff and i will pass them on.
kind regards Robbie Bailey

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Myself and my husband came to stay a few weeks ago as we were visiting friends Dublin.
It was the most memorable stay we have ever had, could not fault a single thing. From the moment we entered into the glamorous lobby area, the receptionist greeted us with a smile from ear to ear, very pleasant lady. We later had a spot of lunch in the cocktail bar area, were the staff were ever so helpful. Our waitress, Sandra, left a lasting impression on us, from the minute we walked into the bar she made us feel welcome, she couldn't do enough for us, an absolute credit to the hotel. She made time for us even though she was busy, and kindly directed towards the tram. The food itself was delicious, and portions HUGE. The rooms were also faultless, and breakfast the following morning was just amazing with so much variety. We will definately be back and recommending the hotel to friends

Room Tip: Definately value for money.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Margaret B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure to read and is great to get feedback from our guests. I will take pleasure in passing on you comments to Sandra. IF there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to ask.
Kind Regards Robbie Bailey

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just a quick review to showcase our sincere thanks to all at Moran's Red Cow Hotel, We recently had a tv production here with dinner for over 340 guests and to say it was excellent was an understatement. The Staff here are fantastic from our booking with Sinead who gives 100% care and attention to the booking right up through all the chains of command. Robbie, Daniel, Kenny, Jason, the front of house receptionists and all the team are fantastic and i have to say nothing is too much hassle for them. We have to say especially a huge thank you to Jason Bailey who without fail never lets us down and nothing is too much trouble for this guy. Definately a name to watch out for. Our clients enjoyed the meal and of course staying over at the hotel was fantastic. I have used a lot of hotels over the years with my line of work but have to say this one i will always favour to date. I have to say to any companies thinking of a corporate event or those thinking of getting away for a few days please make Moran's Red Cow your first choice.

Room Tip: I have to say you will not be disappointed when choosing this hotel for your corporate, private or family function.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi Face of Ireland

Well it was a pleasure to hold your function here again this year, and we are looking forward to the final again next year. It is great to get these comments and i will pass them on to all the staff.I must say the girls gave a great buzz to the hotel on the day and the camera crew made it more exciting for them. Looking forward to welcome you back again next October.

kind regards Robbie Bailey
I

Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's a great hotel for exploting Dublin and beyond but the roundabout/junction is crazy... 'mad cow' is the local name for it and it's well named. Hotel itself can't be faulted for food, amenities and comfort but stay away if you want a quiet retreat. We were given a 'smoking' room first even though we had not specified when booking (perhaps our fault) but it was changed very quickly. Four stars is about right although if it was somewhere away from the illogical noisy road junction it could be a five star job. One bonus is that the Luas (tram) terminus is easily within walking distance and once on board, all of Dublin is easy to get to.

Room Tip: The M50 runs North/South (ish) past the hotel and the N7 runs East/West, both noisy roads. Ask for a room to the south east, that's the Robin Hood Road side. Rooms in this corner of the hotel are quieter. Check on Google Earth!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear John B

Thank you for choosing the Red Cow Moran Hotel and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, we really appreciate all our guest’s comments.

I am glad to read that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. There is a great team effort that goes into insuring we offer all our guests a warm and welcome atmosphere in which to relax.

We are an ideal location for those who want easy access to Dublin City and also have quick access to the rest of the city.

I hope that we can welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards