Don't even consider this hotel if you use a larger than average electric wheelchair (I have an Invacare TDX SP).
1. it won't fit into the minuscule bathroom. The toilet door is also at an 45 degree angle, making most transfers to the loo, almost impossible
2. room in the bedroom is so restricted, you either hit the bed, or desk manoeuvring around the room.
3. There's no electrical sockets on the bedside wall, whatsoever. So, charging your electric chair is a nightmare.
The corridor has double fire doors on very strong spring hinges, these are impossible to open unaided, if also steering an electric chair, with a joystick.
On the plus side, the staff and management were excellent. I had to request a room cange, because my first was next to the main door and smokers congregated outside my bedroom window., not nice at 2.30 in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Dublin is located at the Red Cow Junction 9, M50/N7, off Naas Road, on Monastery Road in Clondalkin.GPS LOCATION: N53DEGREE 19.090' W006DEGREE 22.295'Dublin Intl. airport T1-T2 is 15 km from the hotel. "Dublin Coach" operates outside the hotel and is a 20 minute trip from Ibis to the Airport (24/7, € 5,00 per person each way. Luas Tram Station is a 7 minute walk from the hotel. Dublin City Centre is 20 minutes by Tram. The hotel has 150 bedrooms with FREE WIFI, Satellite TV, and free guest car park. The Restaurant serves until 10pm. Snack 24/7. There is a Residents Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Dublin West
- Ibis Dublin County Dublin, Ireland - Clondalkin