“Reserved room type not available...free WiFi??!?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Dublin

Ibis Dublin
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clondalkin
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Reserved room type not available...free WiFi??!?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reserved a 'superior' room (queen bed) and given a room with two doubles. Returned to desk and told there were no superior rooms available. Queried how this can be possible when our reservation was created months ago.....eventually given a superior room that had not yet been cleaned and asked to wait for it to be made ready.
Final room was fine. Carpets filthy but everything else was fine. Hotels advertises free Wifi.....you need to get a voucher code from reception, which only lasts 24 hours, so you will need a new one each day. Also, the receptionist advised that the policy was only one voucher per room....which only works once. So, only one device per room is permitted. After complaining that this was ridiculous we were given an additional voucher for our other phone...
Floor in reception area and restaurant very very sticky!
Overall good value for money, most members of staff were nice. Katy on reception was good as was the manager - Patrick. Not so much the guy on the desk in the evenings.
Disappointed about the room mix up and the ridiculous wifi rules. Also the hotel should invest in some carpet cleaning and clean the floor in reception and restaurant after breakfast!

1 Thank Michelle F
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Many thanks for your comments. I am very happy to confirm that improvemnt will be done with our Wifi Provider as from Mid March/1st April 2013. This will include much more flexibility with vouchers valid for 1 to 5 days and many more...new broadband lines...
Please do feel free to get back to me on 014641480 to dicuss further.
Kind regards
Ibis hotel Dublin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was greeted very friendly which was great, the room was spacious, bit old looking thought could be more modern i think, the bed was comfy only main problem i had with the room the curtain blind would not close properly therefore it let alot of light in the morning and I found it very difficult to sleep with this problem ,

On arrival i Requested could i pay extra to check out late and I Was told it was ok not to pay and leave at 3Pm which was great i was very happy to hear this, but then i was woken at 12pm banging on the door then the house keeping came into the room saying it was past check out time , I was very angry with this unnecessary wake up call

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TomStatic
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your constructive comments about your last stays. I am glad to receive all feeb back to help improving our quality of service. I have now spoken to the persons concerned to correct the issues you have encountered. Please be ensure this does not reflect our usual good level of service.
Kind regards
Ibis Hotel Dublin West
Kilkenny, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

There was some good points about the hotel. There was free wifi, there was free parking and the receptionist we met when we checked in was friendly. The luas is also a five minute walk and will get you to the city centre in about 20 minutes. The bad points do however outweigh the good. First we were told that someone had smoked in the room we had booked so we had to be moved to a different type of room which I wasn't too happy with. It is very much a budget hotel and the rooms look as much. They are basic rooms, somewhat grotty and worn looking and there was a smell of urine in our room that we could smell whenever we entered. I know it was a budget hotel but I have paid similar prices before for much nicer rooms. On the morning we were checking out at about 10 am a member of staff knocked on our door and when we didn't respond, she opened the door and walked in. Again at 10 to twelve, which was still 10 minutes before we had to check out, another member of staff knocked on the door and when we answered she asked if we were leaving. I found this to be very annoying and as we weren't over the check out time it was unnecessary.
The area in general is fairly quite and there isn't much to do around.
Another thing I want to point out is that there was a sign in the bathroom that said for every five towels that are re-used the hotel will plant a tree. I thought this was a nice idea so we decided we would hang up our towels and re-use them yet when the room was cleaned our towels were replaced anyway. I thought this was strange.
Overall I wouldn't stay there again and I wouldn't like to recommend it although if you are on a tight budget it does the job.

3 Thank Michelle S
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Many thanks for your comments. I appreciate all feed back and I am happy you liked the convenience of the Luas Tram close to the hotel, free wifi and free carpark. I am sorry if you did not found the general standard of the room to your convinience. Regarding the re-use process of the towels, I am reviewing our staff training. The bad experience received, is not our usual good level of service.
Once again thank you for your comments.
Kind regards,
Ibis Hotel Dublin
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Bad bed and toilet problems but they were beg.
Restorant close to early but was good and not so expensive.
Nice hotel building and social areas.
Public transportation very near.
Parking free.
Not so far for center city.
The second night, they did not clean our room, was very disapoint it.

IBISDUBLIN, Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad that you, overall, enjoyed your stay. I'll look into the matters you raised and want to confirm you that effort have been made. Indeed we add toppers on all our beds, for our guests to feel more comfortable during their night. And i can ensure you that some beds will be changed during 2013.
I will share your comments with our Housekeeper manager for this to not happen again.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Dublin west very soon.
Kind Regards

Damien Seno

p/o Patrick Le Henaff
General ,manager
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Horrible experience here, went with a few friends during the night one of our group was going to another room when he was sprayed with a fire extinguisher in the corridor by three less then savoury guests needless to say words where exchange outside after they had try to kick the door of the room in, a manger showed up and was useless he seemed to be blaming us up to the point where I told him to call the Guards he quickly changed his attitude towards us he didn’t do anything the other three who attacked my friend got off and I left because of how horrible the experience was, my advice if you want to have your life threatened and have nothing done about stay the ibis or Mount Joy because that would be saver.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jonh S
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am sorry if you were desapointed by your experience. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments seriously. I met the person involved in the incident as well as your friends. If you wish, fell free to contact me on 01464 1480 to discuss this further.
Kind regards,
Ibis Hotel Dublin
Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night (January 25th) after arriving back into Dublin airport on a late flight.
We checked in just after 11pm, there were 3 people on reception and to be honest they could have been friendlier. There was no mention or information of amenities whatsoever. We received our key for our room on the 2nd floor and I was then informed I had to go outside and place a parking permit in the window of my car or it would be clamped! Ok so yes its budget but this to me seemed to make feel rough. Nothing like the threat of clamping at check in!

We got to our room and it was basic. The TV was decent and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was ok, the shower was good but 3 tiny towels between two adults and a child is mean. The furniture is sparse and cheap but all we needed was somewhere to get our heads down for the night and it was adequate.

We checked out the following morning but alas no free clamp with our stay!

I would stay here again if budget was the most important decider as it was handy for us (the right side of Dublin for our journey home the following day) and to be fair it was very clean and tidy but I personally think the Travelodges offers a lot more comfort and nicer surroundings for a little more money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IBISDUBLIN, Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I'm sorry that you were disppointed staying with us at Ibis Dublin West. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the different issues you experienced and we will make our best to please our guests as Ibis strive to improve his guest service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future as we expect to improve ourselves in order to make every single guest happy about their stay.

Kind Regards

Damien Seno

p/o Patrick Le Henaff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with two friends for the tenasious D concert in the O2. Although its not in the city centre its walking distance to the tram and the motor way is just a stones trow away if you drive. Check in was great first experience as the receptionist explained the hotel's amenities on offer along with a map and popular locations to visit while in dublin which was a nice touch. Room was a lot bigger than expected and the shower was huge. Wifi was fast and also the breakfast was great value. Will defintely return again when I go back to dublin. Highly recommended to all.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RyanMcLaughlin92
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We do appreciate and thank you for all your kind words regarding your stay. I am glad our location suited your needs for accessing the city by Luas tram, our bedroom size and shower, noting our free wi fi speed also. I would like to especially thank you for mentioning our staff friendliness and the helpfullness you were shown on check in by our receptionist. We will pass these onto the individual concerned. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Sharon Hoyte
Duty Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clondalkin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#67 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
#1 of 1 in Kingswood

Been to Ibis Dublin? Share your experiences!