We loved Naxos. Kalergis Studios is the perfect place to stay while you're there. I took the advice from many of the Naxos experts here on tripadvisor and booked a ground floor apartment. There's a little patio with a table and chairs from which you could keep an eye on your kids and the beach which is just steps away. The sea is a little cold even end of May but the beach is so shallow that you won't really notice the cold since it'll only be lapping at your ankles and calves even up to 400m out into the sea. Very safe for young children. There are beach chairs especially for Kalergis Studios guests (others have to pay EUR5) and lots of tavernas along the beach for breakfast and snacks. The hotel is within walking distance to the main part of town and you really won't need a car for the days that you intend to spend within the main town area. You'll definitely need it if you want to visit other parts of the island or other beaches. There's a public carpark very close to Kalergis Studios - less than 5 minutes walk along the beach.
There's free wifi throughout the hotel and even up to the beach! Some days, the connection can be quite poor and the ground floor units also seem to suffer poor connection when the room doors are closed but we aren't there to surf the internet!
The rooms are very basic. Our ground floor unit had a single bed and a double bed. Baby cot and baby highchair were provided for free. There's a small pantry with a stove and full utensils and a small quaint dining table. The hotel doesn't provide breakfast so you'll be using your pantry! There's a small tv which we didn't watch, and a closet and a small safe. Towels are changed everyday and the bathroom is clean. Shower pressure is very good and hot water works well. There is no swimming pool at Kalergis Studios but we didn't really miss having one since it was quite cold.
Kalergis Studios is slightly more expensive than some of the other hotels on the same road but it has direct beach access which the other hotels do not have (especially the ground floor units).
We loved it so much there that we stayed an extra 2 nights. No regrets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalergis Studios is a luxury accommodation by the sea, at Saint George Beach in Naxos town. It's a typical example of cycladic architecture with pure lines and the best sea view in Naxos island. The wonderful garden, the balconies and verandas with sea view and our lounge cafe bar "Vammos" is the ideal place for relaxation and romance. The accommodation consists of 18 fully-furnished studios, all decorated with high quality and taste. The studios are spacious, all of them looking to the beach and they accommodate 1 to 4 persons. Self catering facilities are provided (fully equipped kitchenette with utensils and refrigerator). All of them have private balcony or veranda and they enjoy a breathtaking view of the sandy beach. All our studios offer: air conditioning, private verandas or balconies, satellite TV, safe box, fully equipped kitchenette with cooking facilities, hair dryer, daily maid service, free WiFi. At our beach bar "Vammos", located just on the beach, you may enjoy refreshing drinks, juices, cold coffee and fanciful cocktails that will cool you down in the heat of the summer and will keep you in high spirits as well as many umbrellas, deck chairs and other facilities for sunbathing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kalergis Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalergis Studios Naxos City
- Kalergis Studios Naxos, Greece